Bicycle Helmet Research - Short Survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blazed

220lb+
darkstar said:
]
Yeh judging by the majority of your posts there not much up top to protect anyway :biggrin:
I wear a helmet, never had to use it thankfully.

Im one of the few great minds left in this world.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
TheDoctor said:
And I'm just watching a Shropshire Saddleback on final approach at Luton Airport.

I don't believe that for a second, we all know they use Stanstead :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
very-near said:
Hands up who wears them but isn't convinced they actually work :biggrin:

They work some of the time. They work if they stop you getting a cut head, or a lot of road rash, or a fracture. They won't stop you dying if a truck runs over you. I wear mine (when I wear it), with that in mind.

Poor survey in that it only allows limited options and is only interested in those who wear helmets....... one category assumes people who don't wear helmets don't ride bikes.

There is also no option to rank the importance of effectiveness or level of protection.

scook94

Veteran
Cunobelin said:
Poor survey in that it only allows limited options and is only interested in those who wear helmets....... one category assumes people who don't wear helmets don't ride bikes.

There is also no option to rank the importance of effectiveness or level of protection.

Agreed. I also get the feeling the researcher isn't even a cyclist.

Arch

Married to Night Train
scook94 said:
Agreed. I also get the feeling the researcher isn't even a cyclist.

That wouldn't be at all unusual....

GrasB

Veteran
Proto said:
I would have agreed with you until I clipped a wheel on a sportive this summer. Knee, hip, elbow, shoulder all hit the deck, followed a few microseconds later by my head.
The interesting one is would you have hit your head had you not been wearing a helmet? I had a circa 30mph get off on saturday, I've got bruises all over the place except for my head which wasn't protected by a helmet. In fact the only times I've had a head impact is when I've come off a bike with a hemet on.

I won't say you shouldn't be wearing a helmet, but on the other hand I won't say you should. There are circumstances where I'm sure they do increase accident survivability. Rather than preach I'll leave it up to each person to make up their own mind if they want to wear one & they can go by their decision.

Noodley

Noodley said:
Maybe combine it with speicher's research into pringles?

In fact, maybe helmets should be made out of the same material and be of the same construction as Pringle tubes? I mean we know how fragile pringles are but they seldom get broken in the tube, do they? But as soon as you touch them....snap!

So long cylindrical helmets made out of cardboard with a plastic cap on top :rolleyes:

Top Bottom