Bicycle Rides - Aboard the Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru

I liked the Hopperesque quality to this scene along the deserted seafront promenade at Bexhill-on-Sea at 4:30am.

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru

The Strawberry Moon - from Bexhill-on-Sea

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
Hoopdriver are you taking your own photos? What model of camera are you using?
Yup - that's me on the bicycle and me shooting the images. I use a Canon 5D4 DSLR and a tripod and a programmable timer/shutter release. That's the easy part. The much harder part is the planning, scouting, visualising and then getting myself in the frame precisely, getting the body language right and the fall of light and shadow the way I want it. And all while working with rapidly shifting light in an uncontrolled environment. These take a lot of work to produce!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I watched a DVD called One Crazy Ride. It is by a solo Royal Enfield rider in India. He explained how he took his solo distance shots of him riding. It was quite a job.

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
I watched a DVD called One Crazy Ride. It is by a solo Royal Enfield rider in India. He explained how he took his solo distance shots of him riding. It was quite a job.
It truly is. In summer with the early sunrises I am often on the road by 3:30am in order to be where I need to be to catch the light. If I'm lucky I'll get a couple of good images. Sometimes the light and conditions just don't pan out and I an ride home with nothing I feel like using at all.

Top Bottom