Bicycle Touring and I am getting athlete's foot: foot fungus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RollingNoMad

Bicycle Touring and I am getting athlete's foot: foot fungus

I need Help with feedback on athlete's foot: foot fungus

What would you do if you got athlete's foot: foot fungus when you are out on a Bicycle Touring Trips?

Last 3 year's I have been using the Merrell Moab mid Waterproof Hiking Boots and I had them destroyed from use. And I had to start using athlete's foot cream from Walmart and I have to replace my Waterproof Hiking Boots with Oboz Sawtooth BDry Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots and new Superfeet green insole. And Right now I am using the Merrell Moab Vent Mid Hiking Boots and Should I stop using the Merrell Moab Vent Mid Hiking Boots? or Keep as back up Boot?

I have a foot Doctor's Podiatrist Appointment on 6-4-2018 at 10:30am

I am Ordering the Oboz Sawtooth BDry Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots on 11-2018/12-2018 and Friday Morning 6-1-2018 I am going to Order new Merrell Moab Vent Mid Hiking Boots and I am using Sun Ringle zuzu DH/BMX Platform Pedals for my Bicycle Touring Trips

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Try Canesten (Clotrimazole). It's really good stuff for fungal infections of the foot, and elsewhere. You can get it over the counter at the local pharmacy.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Another for sandals.

Trevrev

Veteran
I used to suffer badly with athletes foot. I now clean my feet daily with vinegar. Just your average malt. It works wonders.
No more horrendous itching and the sh1t that goes with athletes foot.
Give it a try.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just go to a pharmacy and buy a tube of Canestan cream, but ask for the version for thrush as it has 2% of clotrimazole rather than the 1% that's in the athlete's foot version. If they ask what it's for just say "thrush" as men get that as well as women.

If you really want to get on top of the fungus, also buy an aerosol can of fungicide and spray the insides of ALL your shoes, then do it again a week later. Also a fungicidal talc, wash your feet every day and dust with talc then use the cream twice a day. It goes without saying that you are wearing cotton socks, which you are washing daily and you are not wearing sweaty trainers?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I had a weird foot injury resulting from a motorcycle crash. One of my several injuries included losing my pinky nail. The trauma initiated a fungus that fed off the nails. Right old pain as the nails went soft and looked horrible.

17 years later I decided to get it checked out. (Don’t ask) The doc prescribed a course of pills and in a few weeks, normal nails were growing. 6 months later I had a full set of beauties.

Feet are weird.

tamiya

If you really want to get on top of the fungus, also buy an aerosol can of fungicide and spray the insides of ALL your shoes, then do it again a week later.

+1. Downunder I buy Tineaderm aerosol.

But nay on weekly, to eradicate existing infection you must spray daily &/or every time you wear/change/takeoff every shoe/sock.

Be aware of reinfections... wash all your home shower stall floors with a chlorine or peroxide bleach. Bath mats etc any soft furnishings that your feet touch & stay damp must be hot washed regularly.

If you must use public/communal showers never ever go in barefoot.

Tinea powder/creams may help your skin repair faster but imho only works where they're in contact with - they do squat at killing off fungus elsewhere that cause reinfections. Tineaderm sold in different formats but only the spray worked for my environment.

Top Bottom