Big G 2011 (Saturday, July 30th)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Oh no Arch :sad:. Just checking in to see what everyone's plans are and whether you need a lift but I guess not now.

I'm still up for it. I think I'm going to going to look really daft and ride my Airnimal.

Is anyone going to the road racing on Friday night?

Shaun

Founder
Me and Trev are in - 100km one for us - but won't be up on the Friday, just coming for the Big G. :biggrin:

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Oh no Arch :sad:. Just checking in to see what everyone's plans are and whether you need a lift but I guess not now.

I'm still up for it. I think I'm going to going to look really daft and ride my Airnimal.

Is anyone going to the road racing on Friday night?

Hoping to be there on Friday night with Mrs Craigwend after dropping 'the children' off at friends for a sleepover - so we can get a 'good night sleep' the night before...

Shaun

Founder
Got the final prep email and will be doing extra miles this week to help me up them there hills ... :biggrin:

What time are you ladies and gents hoping to get set off?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Got the final prep email and will be doing extra miles this week to help me up them there hills ... :biggrin:

What time are you ladies and gents hoping to get set off?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Don't do too many miles this week. I won't be able to keep up! My cycling has been confined to a few 10 mile commutes a week for the last couple of months :ohmy: .

Would 8.30am suit everyone? Not to early but not too late either.

teletext45

I'm marshalling on friday night, come see me i'm at the sow hill crossing point!

Big warning!! The council has been kind enough to 'resurface' the road so hence there is loose chippings everywhere, very slippery and bound for punchers. !!!!

i'm checking in around 9 am not looking forward to it the way i feel today

andy

Shaun

Founder
Well I'm doing the 100km ride and 08:30 is fine for me, although I'm flexible if a slightly later time is better for others.

I'm hoping to cycle to and from Beverley to add to the day's total mileage to see what I can get it up to, so it would be an idea to have a start time in mind - you know, extra ZZZzzzzzzz's for my aging bones and legs. :laugh:

Are we going to ride as a group and say "Sod the times", or are a few of you fitter ones going to have a go at beating last year's times?

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Well I'm doing the 100km ride and 08:30 is fine for me, although I'm flexible if a slightly later time is better for others.

I'm hoping to cycle to and from Beverley to add to the day's total mileage to see what I can get it up to, so it would be an idea to have a start time in mind - you know, extra ZZZzzzzzzz's for my aging bones and legs. :laugh:

Are we going to ride as a group and say "Sod the times", or are a few of you fitter ones going to have a go at beating last year's times?

I was going to go for as fast a time as I could manage but think I fall into the "Sod the time" group now! I haven't done anywhere near 100k for 3 months now so just want to get round.

Admin - if you're riding up from Hull would a slightly later start suit you? Bear in mind we'll need time to register, attach numbers, generally faff around...

EDIT: must go home and look out my Cycle Chat jersey. Who knows where it's gone since I packed up before my trip last year.

Shaun

Founder
8:30 at the minster sounds good Stu - bimble up to the start (where we can join up with those arriving in cars), get organised, and then we can sort casual pace/timed-run groups from there depending on what everyone feels like on the day, and set off when we're ready. :biggrin:

Sound okay? :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm sorry not to be with you all, but I'm really not very fit, and I think I'd really struggle. I've been rather distracted from cycling this year, in the nicest possible way. Plus, a prior engagement has come up, posterially, if you you see what I mean....

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ideal weather for you - warm but not too warm, sunny but not too hot, dry but not scorching, and a wind that veers (Or backs, depending which way round you are riding...) with the route.

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
We are aiming to set off around 8:30 - though this is 'the best laid schemes of mrs & craigwend', so we could be setting off at any time.

I think the earliest set off is 8:30 anyway.

Hope to see everyone at the start or there-abouts

I think we are in the
"Sod the time & enjoy the ride group"

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I'll meet you all at the start rather than the Minster. Don't want to add any unnecessary extra mileage!

me and a friend of mine stewart will hopefully see ya all there. latest plan is to get to the event by 8.30 and be riding by 9.

we've no plan to go for a quick time either.

cheers,

velocidad.

Top Bottom