Big G 2011 (Saturday, July 30th)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
we've no plan to go for a quick time either.

Marvellous!!!

A jolly good group bimble round the wolds ... should be fun. :smile:

Met Office says: Predominantly cloudy but dry conditions will prevail. Some sunny intervals may develop, along with perhaps a few light showers, with any showers most likely in the morning. Maximum temperature 21 °C.

Porridge, shower/shave, saunter up to Beverley, die on the hills, struggle home, collapse.

BRING IT ON!!! :rofl:

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
See you all soon ......:thumbsup:

Sambu

right well its done and the first ride above 50 miles since april. was not a pleasant experience. i saw 3 cc riders, one in the carpark at hlf 8ish and two, a lady and a man on a roubaix and a white folder at the last feed stp. was it you?

great day i thought, found it much easier than previous years; might push for the 160k next year.

a few pics....

helen and shaun having a 'bollocks to this' type rest stop ;)

DSCF0505.jpg

my mate stewart on left, shaun and helen

DSCF0475.jpg

nice one of helen

DSCF0485.jpg

and one of me at the end

DSCF0512.jpg

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I could tell I hadn't done any training... Thanks Shaun for the excellent company and sharing the pain. Twas a great day out and worth dragging myself out of bed for. Now trying to stay awake long enough to eat an Indian takeaway. I think an early night is in order.

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
right well its done and the first ride above 50 miles since april. was not a pleasant experience. i saw 3 cc riders, one in the carpark at hlf 8ish and two, a lady and a man on a roubaix and a white folder at the last feed stp. was it you?

I'll have been the one in the car park at 8:30 ish,

set off soon after, a time of a tad over 6hours over the -''107.826048'K ride (256 0ut of 290 - results are downloadable as a excel file)

Just having a M&S meal for two with mrs craigwend & recovering slowly :blush: , pity as looked a nice nigt for a ride :whistle:

Goodnight all :hello:

Shaun

Founder
Well done everyone. A very hilly ride, and much harder for me than I'd bargained for - my knees, my knees ... lol !! :ohmy:

A big thanks to my wingman Helen for the good company, for helping me round, and for agreeing not to turn on the bike computers or worry about time (have you seen our timings Helen ... :biggrin: ).

Oh, and "monster" was the perfect description for Numbernholme - despite having to stop to screw my loose cleat back in (couldn't push properly because of the foot wobble) I did manage to do the whole climb on the bike. I was dying at the top mind you, and if it hadn't been for my rib cage I reckon my heart would have been 10 foot in front of me on the road.

I may - once I've had six months to forget about it - think about doing it again next year, but I'll need to be a few stone lighter and do a bit more training.

Thanks for the pics Andy (Velocidad) - I never got around to taking any.

I spoke to Trev last night too and he missed the Silver time by just a few minutes (same as last year) but he really enjoyed it and is up for it next year too. Glutton for punishment ... :laugh:

I feel surprisingly fresh today and don't ache half as much as I'd expected too. Anyone up for a ride? :laugh:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom