Big telly in bedroom - will it look stupid ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
We went the opposite in our house. We had a 40" TV a few years back but when my sister was having trouble with her TV we gave it to her and went back to a 32". Our living room isn't that big at 15' by 13' and the 40" just seemed to dominate the corner of the room. We did try to get something in between but couldn't find anything between 32" and 40".

My son OTOH has just bought a 50" for his flat and it makes a huge difference to him because he is partially sighted.

I must admit, my 50" tv still looks big when its not on..... Its a big feck off black rectangle on the wall in my smallish lounge.
But it all makes sense when i turn it on and watch something on it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Study the body language of your bedroom visitors, it shouldn't be too difficult to analyse their reactions.
You suggesting he has a load of visitors to his bedroom?

stephec

Legendary Member
I can't get past the un-sandaled feet.
Or the shite that he's watching.

stephec

Legendary Member
As others have said, you get used to whatever tv size after a really short while. The problem is, that you can't go smaller after.
I have a 40" flatscreen in the bedroom, which i never use. But when the 50" in my lounge had a prob and it was away being repaired under warranty, moving the 40" into my lounge it looked ridiculously small.

Ah, that explains it now, and ex girlfriend once said to me, 'sorry but once you've had a big one you can't go back.'

I don't know if she was talking about the bedroom specifically though.

Top Bottom