Bike Alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ste T.

Guru
Does anybody know if there is such a thing as a bike alarm that works on a trembing switch? I guess the sort of thing I mean is something permanently attatched to the frame, maybe with a key you take out when you walk away. If the bike is moved, the alarm goes off.

Google? - seem to be plenty on there to choose from.

Davidc

Guru
I've used frame attached ones, and still have one working, but have moved over to alarm padlocks. They're more versatile and more robustly built.

The Securesight AP08 works well but costs about £15. Amazon do a cheaper one at £7.50 ish.

Davidc

Guru
The cynical part of me suspects that a chav could quite happily ride a bicycle down the road with the alarm wailing and nobody would take the blindest bit of notice ...

Some might. My alarms have twice caused blood to be left behind by would be thieves leaving at high speed.

Even if it only takes 20 seconds to get a gold standard D lock off thats 20 seconds with a loud alarm going off in the thiefs ear. 110dBA for 20 seconds is almost enough to cause permanent hearing damage.:evil:

Davidc

Guru
Note to self, invest in one of these for the next bike in the shed.

I just use one as the padlock on the door. No bikes in there but the lawnmower and tools are worth a few quid.

Manonabike

Über Member
You can fit it to the frame in a couple of ways, quite easily - all you need for that comes with the alarm.

You don't get a key but you get to set a secret code (if you forget the code you are in trouble :laugh: you will have to put up with the alarm till the battery runs out)

I'm very impressed with it and it's so funny to look at people's faces when they come to park their bikes and hit your bike accidentally :laugh:

You can set the level of sensitivity, I had mine set so that it'd need to be moved for 3 seconds before the alarm goes off. The actual alarm is very loud so don't try inside the house.

D

Deleted member 1258

You can fit it to the frame in a couple of ways, quite easily - all you need for that comes with the alarm.

You don't get a key but you get to set a secret code (if you forget the code you are in trouble :laugh: you will have to put up with the alarm till the battery runs out)

I'm very impressed with it and it's so funny to look at people's faces when they come to park their bikes and hit your bike accidentally :laugh:

You can set the level of sensitivity, I had mine set so that it'd need to be moved for 3 seconds before the alarm goes off. The actual alarm is very loud so don't try inside the house.

Thanks for that Manonabike, I couldn't see on their web page how it attached. I was worried it might be to easy to remove, chuck alarm in hedge and ride of with bike.

Manonabike

Über Member
No, you could not do that..... to actually fit the alarm you have to open it up..... so you would also need to open it up to remove it from the frame and that would trigger the alarm off and believe me, you would need earplugs to work so close to the alarm.

The first time I installed it I forgot the pin number :blush: since I was a bit far away from home I thought about attempting to remove it but I ditched the idea very quickly :laugh: passers by were stopping to look at me..... I had to take a taxi home to get the pin number :evil: I was pretty annoy but it proved to me that it works......

I didn't want to show you this video..... you might think I have some interest in the sale of this product..... I have nothing to do with them whatsoever, but I do like it. This is an American product but I bought it from a UK distributor.

If there is one draw back on this Alarm then I should say the 8 very small screws that secure the two halves..... you need a very small screwdriver and good eyesight.

Anyway here is the link to that video Alarm

Top Bottom