Bike Computer Revisited..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ushills

Veteran
Specialized Speedzone Elite £15, has cadence and rear wheel support. From cyclestore.co.uk

musa

Über Member
Garmin edge 200 with £30 cash back till end of sept(?) however no cadence

Edge 500 has the ability to have cadence and other ant+

Depend what's your budget. A good thing I read was don't chase the technology

Garmin edge 200 with £30 cash back till end of sept(?) however no cadence
+1 for Garmin Edge 200

IME you don't need cadence, unless you are a serious athlete following a dedicated training program it's just a gimmick, and something else to go wrong.

Go Garmin and you've got no sensors to worry about what so ever. Simply fit it and ride :thumbsup:

ushills

Veteran

+1 for Garmin Edge 200

IME you don't need cadence, unless you are a serious athlete following a dedicated training program it's just a gimmick, and something else to go wrong.

Go Garmin and you've got no sensors to worry about what so ever. Simply fit it and ride :thumbsup:
I have found its helped me a little.

Damaged Hero

Veteran
I just bought a Mio Cyclo 305 HC,I have taken some pictures and planned to do a review on here.I think I need to calm down first and gather my thoughts before I begin my rant,Used it today for the first time and although it performed well on my ride I was dissapointed when i hooked it up to the software it came with that uploads your ride data.
One of the features it claims to have is that you can 'Share' your ride info with friends,what that might actually mean is with friends who also have a Mio or a Mio account :thumbsdown:
I am often sent ride info from a friend who has a Garmin Egde 500,I have no problems viewing that.And it also pisses me off that on the device you can choose between mph/kph but when viewing data through the software on my PC it displays only in kph !!!
Mini Rant over...:cursing:

The OP never mentioned using it indoors.

I did initially, I used to like seeing the cadence and trying to maintain it, then I realised I could do exactly the same thing by just maintaining my speed.
I know what you mean, it was just nice to know that what I had worked out was about right.

I just bought a Mio Cyclo 305 HC,I have taken some pictures and planned to do a review on here.I think I need to calm down first and gather my thoughts before I begin my rant,Used it today for the first time and although it performed well on my ride I was dissapointed when i hooked it up to the software it came with that uploads your ride data.
One of the features it claims to have is that you can 'Share' your ride info with friends,what that might actually mean is with friends who also have a Mio or a Mio account :thumbsdown:
I am often sent ride info from a friend who has a Garmin Egde 500,I have no problems viewing that.And it also ****es me off that on the device you can choose between mph/kph but when viewing data through the software on my PC it displays only in kph !!!
Mini Rant over...:cursing:
Export it in tcx or gpx and upload it to strava.

Top Bottom