Bike Computer Revisited..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

green1

Über Member
Got an Edge 500 last week, tested it yesterday, very happy with it. Turns out looking at the data that I'm a grinder.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I just bought a Mio Cyclo 305 HC,I have taken some pictures and planned to do a review on here.I think I need to calm down first and gather my thoughts before I begin my rant,Used it today for the first time and although it performed well on my ride I was dissapointed when i hooked it up to the software it came with that uploads your ride data.
One of the features it claims to have is that you can 'Share' your ride info with friends,what that might actually mean is with friends who also have a Mio or a Mio account :thumbsdown:
I am often sent ride info from a friend who has a Garmin Egde 500,I have no problems viewing that.And it also ****es me off that on the device you can choose between mph/kph but when viewing data through the software on my PC it displays only in kph !!!
Mini Rant over...:cursing:

I think in my case kph is good as I live abroad but I did notice the the Tour of Britain was even in kph.. that is a good point for me but not others.. :smile:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
As to the other posts..
I wont be downloading info onto my laptop from the computer, once my ride is over the computer will be reset ready for the next ride and I wont be doing any type of riding indoors.
I will make a short list today as I need to take a list to the shop next saturday when I'm in the UK..
Plus other lists for lycra shorts / bib, helmet, shoes. cream. shirt and socks.. though the last two are not so important.. :sad:

kedab

Veteran
Got an Edge 500 last week, tested it yesterday, very happy with it. Turns out looking at the data that I'm a grinder.
got one last week as well...i asked the wife if she'd get it for me as an xmas present. the link i sent her was the price for one with maps installed. she wasn't impressed and then, when i buy the 500 sans maps, for £154 (amazon), she goes spanners about me not being able to wait til xmas? women eh?! she's exactly right but, still :shy: as for ease of use, switch on, install on laptopamabob, whack on bike, go for ride, come back from ride and get a good idea of just how sh** i am when i've not eaten breakfast! :ohmy:

Wornout

+1 for the edge 500. No sensors, and with the extra mounts, you only need one computer for your fleet :-)

Top Bottom