bike damaged during service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Born2die

took my bike into halfords today for it's free 6 week service didn't have time to check it in store got it home and found they have gouged the paintwork on the rear triangle I know its not much but I really take care of my bikes.

I have emailed them so lets see how they plan to resolve the issue.

20131016_154401-863913383.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That is not good...will be interesting to see what they come back to you with. They would need to cover the cost of repair if that was my bike.

I can't help but say... that's Halfords for you.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Looks like it got leaned against something. They ought to get you some touch-up paint at the very least. Failing that, try nail varnish.

Why did you take it to Halfrauds? They are a car supermarket not a bike shop.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I WISH people would learn to service their own bikes instead of putting them into the hands of a bunch of muppets with an adjustable spanner and no idea.

OP
OP
Born2die

Born2die

I Couldn't take it strait back as I was on the school run will see how they respond to the email. I could touch it up but they have really gouged a chuck out not just scratched I know I shouldn't have but well free is free or so I thought. It's a pita to get down there with mini me in tow or I would be there now if I don't get a satisfactory response I'm straight back down there on Friday

byegad

Legendary Member
I WISH people would learn to service their own bikes instead of putting them into the hands of a bunch of muppets with an adjustable spanner and no idea.

Yes I bought a cheap tool kit 12 or so years ago and replaced tools that wore out with high quality ones as and when needed. I do everything to my trikes and have learnt a lot.

Top Bottom