bike damaged during service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Booyaa

Veteran
Both of them?

One of them, they were a set of Ergon GP5's. Quite pissed off I was.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I WISH people would learn to service their own bikes instead of putting them into the hands of a bunch of muppets with an adjustable spanner and no idea.

True, there isn't much to "service" after 6 weeks. Adjust brakes, adjust tension in gear cables, check tightness of nuts and bolts, and squirt some lube on bits that move. 10 minutes work at most, and the sort of checks that should be getting done every week in any case.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The problem he may have is that it wasn't noticed in the store, unless it was. If it was noticed in store there's no way they can deny it.
Indeed , last time i had a new freehub put on a wheel at said shop i checked before i left as they had lost the dust seals , i got a new wheel.
Of course if you take it back and kick up a big enough fuss you never know, can they prove they did not do it , customer service and all? worth spitting your dummy out and seeing what happens .

OP
OP
Born2die

Born2die

nope but it was photographed as soon as I saw it im going in friday trying to be nice and see what they say I cant prove it wasn't but I do know it wasn't I washed and new inspected it 1st. should be a fun day out

icky

gone pedlin
They will probably blame you for it . I took my Carrera tdf in for in for 6 week service and top bracket bearings were grinding and they swore blind that ide jet washed it even though I don't have a jet wash and that ide have to pay for new bearings and fitting .

These 'free' 6 week services are just another sales tool. They are offered at point of sale as an add on then used to try to sell you stuff to replace bits that's broken/crap or badly fitted in the first place.

Leodis

Veteran
These 'free' 6 week services are just another sales tool. They are offered at point of sale as an add on then used to try to sell you stuff to replace bits that's broken/crap or badly fitted in the first place.

I bought a bike from Evans and it needed the gears sorting and checked over, they didnt try and sell me a thing.

The same bike as above I noticed a chip out of the paint and slight dint in the downtube on the way home when I bought the bike. It was a Feb and the snow came in later the same day I picked it up, so a couple of weeks later I visited the shop, the bike with no more than 12 miles on it and showed them, Evans just turned around and said "Prove it was us who damaged it" and that was that, I couldnt, I had left the store with a damaged bike costing £900 without realising it.

I bought a bike from Evans and it needed the gears sorting and checked over, they didnt try and sell me a thing.

The same bike as above I noticed a chip out of the paint and slight dint in the downtube on the way home when I bought the bike. It was a Feb and the snow came in later the same day I picked it up, so a couple of weeks later I visited the shop, the bike with no more than 12 miles on it and showed them, Evans just turned around and said "Prove it was us who damaged it" and that was that, I couldnt, I had left the store with a damaged bike costing £900 without realising it.

maybe the knew they had damaged your bike and wanted it gone without any fuss.

the OP was in Half fords for his and my experience in there is as quoted.

its a shame that these places cant own up to damaging the bikes, you can bet they will have numerous returns somewhere in their holding warehouse that they could sort it out from. surely that's better customer service than just palming it off as you cant pin it on us.

Top Bottom