Bike Fitting session in London/Home counties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobbieLeMac

Wo wo wo people

I, like Gezza, am looking for a good bikefit that might not cost Bikefit's £350. I'm new to cycling and did some research before I bought my bike, but as a kit and tech laden hobby I have learned 100 times more since actualy riding. I was surprised at your answers to Gezza. I have been riding for 7 weeks minus 2 on hols and done about 700 miles. I've ridden every weekend and done 3 sportives now and everyone on the community has been amazingly friendly and helpful. I'm riding 250 miles this Easter and working up to LeJOG at end of May - 1000 miles in 10 days - for charity with some friends. As such I was in a rush to get my bike and didn't know much about fitting or that it would be needed for me as a novice. I'm sure there are loads of well meaning cyclists who come to fitting after they buy a bike for all kinds of reasons. So I found this thread by searching bike fitting and was surprised at how unhelpful and Daily Mail like the criticism of fitting post buying was.
I was advised to look at Sigma Sport in Hampton and the Bike Whisperer in Ealing if that's any help.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Bike Fitting

I guess your looking for something like these people offer. may be too far from you.

http://bikedynamics.co.uk/

Fiona N

Veteran
Cyclefit in central London do a fantastic job but, as far as I know, they now only do cycle fitting if you're buying a frame or bike from them (which is expensive although the frames/bikes are superb) as demand for their services greatly exceeded their capacity.

Shortcranks

+1 For Bikedynamics as they offer a great service. They sorted out my cleats, saddle position and recommended shorter cranks. Hence my login. I'm now so much smoother, faster and more comfortable.

They don't sell bikes, just fittings so the advice is not biased in any way.

hotmetal

OK it's not London but it's only an hour away by train.
www.cyclelifewindsor.co.uk is a bike shop that sells all sorts but majors in road and tri bikes. They have a BikeFit thingy, and they charge you £40 to do your measurements. If you buy a bike off them then they refund the £40. It takes about 45mins and you will need to book in advance cos there's only one guy who can do it. I haven't tried it though.

davidg

I have heard good things about Sigma and like the shop.

I had an part fit from Whisperer as they are quite near to me. the built my bike as well. Very enthusiastic and slightly less formulaic approach than I was expecting but am happy with the fit, although I needed to adjust the cleats a bit afterwards (to move my ankle out a bit rather than the position. I only had an hour of the 3 hours they recommended so cant complain. you would usually have 3 sessions or so with them

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
+1 corridori cycles in Epsom. I spent the entire afternoon riding, after a bike fit session, and the few subtle tweaks that Guy recommended have made a noticeable difference to the comfort of what was already a comfortable bike. Basically, the new bike was the right size and thanks to one of the old boys in my club who'd suggested moving my cleats backwards, my cleats were already spot on, so all we did was drop my saddle height about 12mm, rotated the bars back a fraction towards me to raise the hoods a bit, and moved the saddle backwards and dropped the nose a fraction.

But what a difference, no more shifting about back and forth on the saddle trying to get comfy, the brakes are easier to reach on the hoods, and more weight seems to be being taken by my legs rather than my crotch.

A great shop, staffed by great friendly people, with a wealth of great stories and explanations of stuff, along with a great soundtrack. The time flew by. I may haver even helped guy see the light on triples, mudguards, and carradice bags (but I doubt it somehow)

Top Bottom