Bike hanging racks - without drilling in the wall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bhitucyclist

Hi all ,
Need recos and ideas about how i can store my 2 bikes- takes up floor space on my corridor - but i have plaster walls so cant fix hooks to hang them from. Discovered this standing rack. Reviews say its suitable - but has anyone here used these devices or has any other ideas? I think both my bikes are ladies bikes

Attachments

• BFA57B4E-3AB4-40C9-B289-A412BB7CB5BB.png
    BFA57B4E-3AB4-40C9-B289-A412BB7CB5BB.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 27

Heigue'r

Veteran
Not sure on the rack,Id imagine it will also need some kind of fixing.
If you use the following,you could hang them how you like,hooks if you have the room.
https://www.toolstation.com/fischer...iYw-IcdsJbr3HwOzCQI2xMhDAgM1fpcBoCEFwQAvD_BwE

The 6mm should be fine rather than the 10 mm

D

Deleted member 23692

Hi all ,
Need recos and ideas about how i can store my 2 bikes- takes up floor space on my corridor - but i have plaster walls so cant fix hooks to hang them from. Discovered this standing rack. Reviews say its suitable - but has anyone here used these devices or has any other ideas? I think both my bikes are ladies bikes
I had one of those, and it was pretty flimsy and wobbly with just a road bike on top and an XC bike on the bottom: both of those were well within the max loading. I sent it back the following day and exchanged for it the tougher version with all it's box section loveliness...

s-l640.jpg

I've got two of them now and all four of my bikes take up the footprint of just 2 :smile:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1405059774...WW_GWtNpN3znic4dLThovEIovjxUvIGxoC0ZoQAvD_BwE

roley poley

Über Member
I have two large hooks in the CEILING and lift the bike on to them and out the way if that's an option?

D

Deleted member 23692

As said above, the one you posted originally is quite weak and for the money isn't the best value. I'm surprised they still sell/make it .

I've bought my first beefier version about 10 years ago (and the other around 7 years ago), and they've both been perfect. They are sturdy when loaded up, and easy to adjust should you need to. It has wide rubbery pads where it contacts the frame so there's no point loading and no scratch damage either.

If I needed another, I get the same again

D

Deleted member 26715

How would they cope with the sloping top bar of a MTB & what is the full height needed?

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

I had one of those, and it was pretty flimsy and wobbly with just a road bike on top and an XC bike on the bottom: both of those were well within the max loading. I sent it back the following day and exchanged for it the tougher version with all it's box section loveliness...

View attachment 517215

I've got two of them now and all four of my bikes take up the footprint of just 2 :smile:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1405059774...WW_GWtNpN3znic4dLThovEIovjxUvIGxoC0ZoQAvD_BwE
This looks perfect . I guess you are happy with this rack

View attachment 517215

Has it got any height adjustment?

D

Deleted member 23692

How would they cope with the sloping top bar of a MTB & what is the full height needed?
The support arms are adjustable. I've got an XC and an Enduro on one stand with no problems encountered.
This looks perfect . I guess you are happy with this rack
Yes I am, very much so. Having four bikes in a 2 bed room flat all stored safely and without compromising the use of the rooms, pretty much says it all

The grey and red colourway isn't to my liking, but I've done nothing bout it in the time I've owned them.. One day though..........................

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

The support arms are adjustable. I've got an XC and an Enduro on one stand with no problems encountered.
Yes I am, very much so. Having four bikes in a 2 bed room flat all stored safely and without compromising the use of the rooms, pretty much says it all

The grey and red colourway isn't to my liking, but I've done nothing bout it in the time I've owned them.. One day though..........................
Whats the brand name of the rack you have ?

Top Bottom