Bike hanging racks - without drilling in the wall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

Has it got any height adjustment?
Yup plenty - it's tool-less and infinite thnaks to the knobs on the back ofthe support arms

33060_product_only_white_background.jpg

D

Deleted member 23692

sheddy

Legendary Member
I think Aldi/Lidl/Argos had the single telescopic pole for 2 bikes that goes up to the ceiling.
Not sure if any better ?

D

Deleted member 23692

I think i have seen this in amazon its £99 a bit pricey
True, but if you saw the two versions they make side by side, then £100 is a bargain for one that sturdy, compared with £60-7 for the cheaper one that feels like a giant paper clip

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
I had one of those, and it was pretty flimsy and wobbly with just a road bike on top and an XC bike on the bottom: both of those were well within the max loading. I sent it back the following day and exchanged for it the tougher version with all it's box section loveliness...

View attachment 517215

I've got two of them now and all four of my bikes take up the footprint of just 2 :smile:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1405059774...WW_GWtNpN3znic4dLThovEIovjxUvIGxoC0ZoQAvD_BwE
Presumably you don't store a steel tourer or an ebike on the upper rung.
^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Aldi sold a stand that presses against the ceiling. I have one to get one of our bikes out of the way where there is stuff already stored by the wall. Works well and holds two trail bikes.

D

Deleted member 23692

Presumably you don't store a steel tourer or an ebike on the upper rung.
^_^
No, but you can drop the lower arms down so supports the bike with it's wheels on on the ground :smile:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Alternatively...

Timber wall studs are generally 16 inches apart in UK walls. Measure 16 inch / 400 mm increments from room corner to where you want to hang stuff and drill a few fine holes till you find the stud (upright wooden bearer on which plasterboard is fixed).

BigMeatball

Alternatively...

Timber wall studs are generally 16 inches apart in UK walls. Measure 16 inch / 400 mm increments from room corner to where you want to hang stuff and drill a few fine holes till you find the stud (upright wooden bearer on which plasterboard is fixed).

Also, if the decorators did a mediocre job (which happens more often than not) you can see where the screws that attach the plasterboard to the studs are, so you can guess pretty where to drill.

Top Bottom