bike insurance on house cover?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I know this is probabley a common thread so apologies..

so would you load the house policy Or get specific cover?
Bikes are Not covered on the bike rack but are covered in the secure lock up and in the car.
but after some totting up our cover is way to low, if we have a visitor we will be very out of pocket.
any thoughts on whats best?

any thoughts on whats best?

Not worrying.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
There's no easy answer. It all depends on which policies that you use for comparison. It's difficult to get a like for like comparison between house and cycle specific policies.

It's a matter of trawling through all of the small print and exclusions.

There is an argument for putting money to one side to cover the replacement of moderately priced bicycles.

vickster

Legendary Member
My bikes are covered on home insurance, barely adds anything to the premium compared to insuring on bike specific which would be heinous to cover the value of my fleet. I reckon £30-50 versus many hundreds

That's to cover all bikes away from home and also accidental damage I think

I'm with the AA, bikes up to £1500 value do not need to be specifically named on the policy

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
we have Barclays home with a few things added but only about 1500 bike cover..
We have some other bits and bobs listed too, house policy is due for renewal so just looking at pro's and cons

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru

no id not seen that..Ta..i like reading quick replies rather thar trawling through stuff..attention span of a gold fish me

SD1

That's to cover all bikes away from home and also accidental damage I think

I'm with the AA, bikes up to £1500 value do not need to be specifically named on the policy
How many? I have 2 in that price range can I cover both?

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep I don't think there's any limit. I have 3 under (they dont ask that however) and one named over. AA are only brokers, you'd need to speak to them about specific policy

Top Bottom