Bike Insurance - Where to go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Judderz

As I'll be getting a new bike next week, (So will have 3 altogether), I'm looking for bike insurance that covers for theft, accident etc.
I'll never lock the bike up when away from the house, as the only time I ride it I go out and come back, never leave it outside anywhere, plus there's always 2 or more riders when I do go out, so if I must go into a shop, then there's always someone with the bikes.
My bikes are always in the house anyway, never in a shed or garage.
So just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on the best places to go for insurance?

Cheers

Phil

rb58

Enigma
Marks and Spencer house insurance for me. Cover the bikes as well...... Very reasonably priced, but I haven't had to claim, so I'll leave it to others to comments on that aspect.

C2C, British Cycling etc for cycle specific insurance.
Check the t's and c's as often the requirements under home insurance are unrealistic and expensive.
Especially look at he theft payout conditions

Dave7

Legendary Member
Check with your house insurers as you will be able to add it on (sometimes the admin charges are OTT).
There is another thread re' this as someone was mugged and his bike stolen......your house insurance will not cover that unless you pay for specific bike insurance.

Marks and Spencer house insurance for me. Cover the bikes as well...... Very reasonably priced, but I haven't had to claim, so I'll leave it to others to comments on that aspect.

M+S house insurance for me too, they are the brokers, AXA provide the cover. They cover any unspecified item up to £4000.

I made a claim through them last year when my Yeti was stolen from my garage. I was given the option of either the £4000 cash settlement or if I wanted a replacement bike of similar spec I would have to deal with Wheelies Direct in Swansea as the replacemnt bike would cost close on 5k. I wanted a new Yeti in the spec that was stolen so the choice was made for me.

Making the initial claim to M+S was stress free, dealing with Wheelies was, shall we say, not. That said, after three months wait I eventually got the bike and spec I was after.

Top Bottom