Bike puncture- bike tyre seal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricknmorty28

\So I still can't fix a bike puncture even though I have all the tools to do so-which is highly embarrassing, someone suggested I use this instead:

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...pair/weldtite-bike-tyre-seal-100g-487066.html

If I get a bike puncture do I just attach this to the tyre valve and it will fix the bike puncture without me having to take the wheel off and changing the inner tube? Or am I misunderstanding what this product is for?

Learning how to fix a puncture is actually really important when it comes to bike riding. Imagine if you're stuck somewhere and no way back but walking (which would take twice as long). There are so many videos out there you can learn from!! I learnt from an article on How to fix a a bike puncture and it's stuck in my head ever since. I've also had to do this twice when riding and knowing how to do so has been a life saver.

Ajax Bay

Guru

kenmiles

When I was riding Tubs I tried this and found that after a short time the tyre got very soft and bulged out.
Never bothered again, went back to the normal way of cutting the stitches and re sowing after repair.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I wouldn't mind betting that 99.99% of miles cycled are on tyres other than tubs, in fact even airless tyres like Tannus are probably more widely used today.
Fundamentally, either you get to grips with repairing punctures when you have to or you accept that you're likely walking home if the Fairy decides to pay you a visit.
Prevention is better than cure though, and riding in a vigilant manner combined with having tough puncture resistant tyres, goes a long way to stacking the odds in your favour. I'm probably jinxing myself now, but none of my Schwalbes have ever had a visitation from the Fairy, whereas I have had half a dozen visits over the same period in unprotected tyres.

Top Bottom