Bike sales boom.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I guess people are just buying bikes to hang on their wall.
Or just like having lots of bicycles :-)
I've just ordered a second Brompton, I don't need one but want another. I'm sure some of the extra bike sales are people adding to their fleet.
Shortage of spares is annoying however, just as well I have spare bikes (just in case) :okay:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I guess people are just buying bikes to hang on their wall.
You've seen my spare bedroom then? And yes... the wallpaper... I know! :laugh:
PS There's a MTB out of shot, not on the wall.

I always use Michelin tyres the endurance range 23c.Having problems finding any.My have to go to 25c as they see to be more available Trouble is unsure if my current wheels are suitable.Frame clearance just about OK

If the 25s fit, I think you will be a converted. I made the switch and would not choose to go back to 23 over 25.

chris-suffolk

Yes, noticed pretty much everything is out of stock and/or much more expensive. Helps me justify my hoarding instincts from when stuff was on sale, as now I have several years worth of tyres, chains, cassettes, drive chains. Even spare derailleurs that could be pushed back ito service if needed.

Tell me about it... I'm desperately trying to get a Charge Ladle saddle, but OOS everywhere in the UK.

I can get one from the US, but owwwww, my poor wallet!

Been looking at the ladies' Fabric Scoop as an alternative, but that's close to being a similar problem. One cropped up on Ebay t'other day, and it was a bloomin' bun fight...

Went to the LBS yesterday and he is up to his eyes in repairing bikes - mostly on the voucher scheme

which was s surprise as I was trying to get one of them and never could!

We were talking about mine and he commented that he had to keep it in the back after fixing it because he didn;t wannt anyone to see it and want one - they are impossible to get at the moment (Raleigh Motus for reference)

but if he is busy repairing all sorts of bikes - and new bikes are like hen;s teeth
then there should be loads of cyclist around somewhere - but I don;t see them anywhere
there were more around during lockdown 1 - but even they have dwindled

Chislenko

Veteran
I'm trying to get myself a new bike and have been for a few months. Keep on delaying because I think I'm going to drop a frame size so I want to test a bike before buying, but it's just not going to happen. Previous bike was a £200 second hand Triban 5 4 years ago, and now I keep on going back to the Orba Orca M20/30's.

Annoyingly I think I'm just going to have to order a size down and trust it, spend £2k, wait 6 months and then find out. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Have been keeping an eye out on various facebook marketplaces and here but nothing popped up so far.

I ride an Orca M20 if you want any size help.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, happened to look at the price of the Shimano M520 pedals the other day and they too have shot up from around £22 to at least £32.
Unless you keep your eyes open here... :okay:
Excellent service from Chris and Royal Mail. Cheery postie handed over the parcel an hour ago and the pedals are exactly as described above. :smile:

I'm going to put these good-as-new pedals on my best bike and swap the current used M520s to a bike I am building to take to Devon in the summer.
:smile:

Good morning,

The 753 Team Replicas still seem to be in stock.:laugh: https://www.raleigh.co.uk/gb/en/ti-raleigh-anniversary-edition-bicycle/

If you can't sell them over the last year and still won't admit failure and discount them well......

Personally I haven't found any of the newly bought, unwanted and now for sale bikes and as I need something I am going to have to give up waiting. I've seen lots of overpriced 3-7 year old bikes at 75%-150% of their new prices and ancient carbon steel in the £150-£250 range.

But over priced old bikes don't seem to be selling, instead they just set higher and higher prices for the next offering which also doesn't sell.

Bye

Ian

razabbs

I ride an Orca M20 if you want any size help.

As per the sizing chart on Orbea I'd be a 51, and according to other manufacturers, i should also be a small (51-53 Frame) but i've been riding a 54 frame for 4 years. It's a case of have I been riding a wrong-sized bike for the last 4 years :wacko:

Also, how have you found the bike? 😊

Top Bottom