Bike sales boom.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
As if proof were needed, Wiggle say their online sales more than doubled over the last year:
https://road.cc/content/news/bike-sales-more-double-wiggle-over-past-year-282485
Which is all well and good but not if you're trying to get one.
Parts seem to be equally hard to get and have shot up in price too :sad:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Wiggle has done well to increase sales in the context of restricted supply.

I doubt there's been a boom in Brompton sales, because they've barely had a bike to sell for months.

razabbs

I'm trying to get myself a new bike and have been for a few months. Keep on delaying because I think I'm going to drop a frame size so I want to test a bike before buying, but it's just not going to happen. Previous bike was a £200 second hand Triban 5 4 years ago, and now I keep on going back to the Orba Orca M20/30's.

Annoyingly I think I'm just going to have to order a size down and trust it, spend £2k, wait 6 months and then find out. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Have been keeping an eye out on various facebook marketplaces and here but nothing popped up so far.

Lovacott

Über Member
Parts seem to be equally hard to get and have shot up in price too :sad:
Lower end drivetrain parts have shot up by over 50% in the last few months and most are on lead times of a month or more.

I keep a full set of drivetrain spares at home now so that I don't get caught out if a freewheel, crankset or chain fails on me. If I were to buy a spare freewheel today, it would cost me almost double what I paid just before Christmas for exactly the same part from the same supplier.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Lower end drivetrain parts have shot up by over 50% in the last few months and most are on lead times of a month or more.

I keep a full set of drivetrain spares at home now so that I don't get caught out if a freewheel, crankset or chain fails on me. If I were to buy a spare freewheel today, it would cost me almost double what I paid just before Christmas for exactly the same part from the same supplier.
Yes, happened to look at the price of the Shimano M520 pedals the other day and they too have shot up from around £22 to at least £32. Sadly, even when things calm down after Brexit changes settle and Covid hopefully gets easier, I can't see them going back down again. :sad:

Top Bottom