bike service with bottom bracket replacement not done arrgghhhhhh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde

Über Member

certainly is mate

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
put my bike in for a service last sunday, and told them my bottom bracket needed replacing, fast forawd to 7 oclock thursday night.

i get a phonecall saying my bike was all done, wooooohoo, but ive been all week without a bike whilst the weather has been grand. so anyways off i pop to pick my baby up, get there and say well how much was the bb to be replaced........ oh sorry mate weve serviced it but i advise you your bottom bracket needs replacing.

your kidding mate, thats why i put it in, how long we looking at to get it done ? three days for part to come then a day or two to change it. so another week with no bike, i think not mate.

going to see if a lbs can sort it for me.

not a happy bunny, especially since i have the coast to coast to do in 11 days time !
This is why you need a + 1

jay clock

Massive member
1) buy the right tools
2) check check and re-check which way to undo
3) take it really slow
4) bask in glow of satisfaction

raleighnut

Legendary Member

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Same here but that's just the way I like to go on.

roll one up and sit and think about it

then proceed slowly
And then, in my version, you test ride the bike up and down the road, fully expecting it to make complaining noises like an ill-brought up child, and have a mug of victory tea when it doesn't. And then post all about it in any vaguely relevant CC thread. I suspect I may be giving up my secrets here.

Top Bottom