bike service with bottom bracket replacement not done arrgghhhhhh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angry Blonde

Über Member
put my bike in for a service last sunday, and told them my bottom bracket needed replacing, fast forawd to 7 oclock thursday night.

i get a phonecall saying my bike was all done, wooooohoo, but ive been all week without a bike whilst the weather has been grand. so anyways off i pop to pick my baby up, get there and say well how much was the bb to be replaced........ oh sorry mate weve serviced it but i advise you your bottom bracket needs replacing.

your kidding mate, thats why i put it in, how long we looking at to get it done ? three days for part to come then a day or two to change it. so another week with no bike, i think not mate.

going to see if a lbs can sort it for me.

not a happy bunny, especially since i have the coast to coast to do in 11 days time !

screenman

Legendary Member
Rubbish service, was it a big group business.

OP
OP
Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde

Über Member
yes and i know everyone hates them, but i swear i have used them for years and i honestly could not have a bad word said about them, but this week, has been a joke

OP
OP
Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde

Über Member
nah unfortuantley im a rider not a fixer, so its all alien to me, and to be totally honest i havent even tried to have a look on net to find out. still in my huff like !

screenman

Legendary Member
I see, you took you pride and joy to a car accessories, toy, and micky mouse shop for servicing by likely poorly skilled people. That was unlucky.

OP
OP
Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde

Über Member
like i say mate they have been outstanding to me the past few years, fixed my bike for free a few times, sound advice, honestly couldnt fault them.............till now

OP
OP
Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde

Über Member
i have just you tubed how to change one and it looks a complete doddle...... so i thimk i may be now wanting to go down the buy a toolkit and start to try and fix things myself

Top Bottom