Bike shops to visit in London ideas needed Sorted now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I can't believe no-one's mentioned the daddy of them all.... Brixton Cycles
Cos he'd have to traipse to Brixton? :whistle:
(as the OP, We are visiting the following places Monument of the London fire ,Camden , Euston area and Edgware Rd so it will need to be en route ish so we accidentally find it ;))

Plenty of other bike shops around London, but not central, Pearsons for example :smile:

U

User169

Condor (a must, also London Bicycle Workshop more mainstream Genesis, Ridgeback, Ridley but just round the corner from Condor)
Swift if happen to be near Liverpool St
Mosquito for posh stuff in Islington
Velorution

Mosquito went bust last year and was acquired by Velorution.

vickster

Legendary Member
Balls Pond Road is about the same distance from the centre of town...
No idea where that is :smile: (looks on map, sheesh...arse end of :ohmy: ;) )
At least Brixton is on the tube but still at least an hour's round trip from the centre

Balls Pond Road is about the same distance from the centre of town...

It's a five minute walk (tops) from two bus routes that will take you directly to Euston - 73 & 476. And that's only a 15 min bus ride outside of peak hours. :smile:

And if the OP is planning on visiting places in Highbury, then there're two direct bus routes from there - 30 & 277 :smile:

I'm very familiar with that part of London. :smile:

RedRider

Pulling through
If you fancy wandering down south London then sea bass cycles is probably your thing. They've two shops... Peckham (their workshop) and Camberwell, and they stock plenty of quality used steel and parts (but probably beyond the point you'd want to pay) . They do frame repairs, have a jig with an intention to build on, have long hair, could be described as hipsters but know their bikes, particularly Charlie and sam. (Don't know about the others.)
You'll probably see some fine examples of paintwork done by Coles Coatings as well.

Obvs brixton cycles if not already mentioned.

vickster

Legendary Member
So where did you go @biggs682 ?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
So where did you go @biggs682 ?

@vickster after your recommendation there was only one place to go , i even waited to see it you would turn up :rolleyes:

I was well taken by the bikes especially the modern Paris Galibier although not in blue

WP_20170214_041.jpg
WP_20170214_042.jpg
WP_20170214_047.jpg
WP_20170214_048.jpg
WP_20170214_049.jpg
WP_20170214_063.jpg
WP_20170214_067.jpg

Even my daughter thought some of them were nice , until she saw the price tags

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
@vickster after your recommendation there was only one place to go , i even waited to see it you would turn up :rolleyes:

I was well taken by the bikes especially the modern Paris Galibier although not in blue

View attachment 337723 View attachment 337724 View attachment 337725 View attachment 337726 View attachment 337727 View attachment 337728 View attachment 337729

Well, they do make some obscenely nice bikes (and then price them equally obscenely)!

vickster

Legendary Member

View attachment 337723 View attachment 337724 View attachment 337725 View attachment 337726 View attachment 337727 View attachment 337728 View attachment 337729

No, some of us have to work on Tuesdays ;)

Top Bottom