Bike Size Advice!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The Top Tube dimensions seem unusually large on those frames. I'm a believer in sizing up as a rule, but at just shy of 6ft tall, even I wouldn't go for the Large with a 615mm TT length! Most of my old-school frames have a TT around 22 1/2" long, on a 23 1/2" frame. I have a large MTB frame with a 591mm or 23 1/4" TT and that's at the limit of comfort.
It goes against the grain for me to say this, but with that particular geometry I would go for the smaller size on this occasion!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Thank you all!

Luckily, I found a medium frame Boardman HYB (I'm looking for URB) in another Halfords and felt a bit stretch to reach steering. The Halford's guy is still vouching for medium even after that!

I'm more inclined to 'Small'. I'll wait for couple of days for more advice and finalise over the weekend.

Thank you once again! Much appreciate your responses!!
defo small, feeling stretched is a nightmare, and it will make your backache after a while, and you have to have your arms so straight you wont get the natural shock absorption of a bent elbow, and that will make your arms and wrists ache.

OP
OP
S

SDadi

Thanks everyone for your time!

Placed order for Small!!
icon_cool.gif

Will let the group know how it goes in a month's time.

Top Bottom