Bike stand and water bottle holder ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray316

Über Member
l have just bought a Boardman bike and it’s a carbon frame.
Anyway l have no bike stand and miss just putting my bike on the stand while going out for bike rides when stopping for breaks, so what do others do with carbon framed bikes..
Also l noticed all the bikes come without a bottle holder, so can l get a carbon bottle holder .
I am just thinking of weight on the bike as l don’t want to put to much weight onto the bike as that was the reason for getting a light bike,or maybe alloy bottle holder
Suggestions please

D

Deleted member 23692

Part carbon Tacx Deva cages are super cheap at Halfords...

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/bike-bottles-cages/tacx-deva-bottle-cage

I'ver got 6 of these spread across 4 bikes and have never dropped a bottle (even on MTBs).

Tacx do a full carbon version too, but IMO the weight saving of around 10g over the above isn't worth the extrta cost

vickster

Legendary Member
Anyway l have no bike stand and miss just putting my bike on the stand while going out for bike rides when stopping for breaks, so what do others do with carbon framed bikes..
Also l noticed all the bikes come without a bottle holder, so can l get a carbon bottle holder .
I am just thinking of weight on the bike as l don’t want to put to much weight onto the bike as that was the reason for getting a light bike,or maybe alloy bottle holder
Suggestions please

You realise that the bottle and water in it is far more heavy than any bottle cage! Oh and the main weight penalty is obviously the rider!

Yes, there are plenty of carbon bottle cage options but relatively expensive. Eg https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/bike-bottles-cages/boardman-carbon-water-bottle-cage

The plastic elite brand are very good and weigh next to nothing and suit a carbon frame (unlike alloy). Example link, they sell all over in a range of colours and only a few grams heavier than carbon

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs...goryId=312047&productId=1239294&storeId=10001

Stand wise, just lock it up on a stand or lean against something :smile: or you could just hold it or lay it carefully on the grass next to you. Anyhow you don’t want to be adding a load of extra weight and aero drag for a kickstand ;)

Last edited:
Suggestions please

I'm the same, I wanted a 'lightweight bottle cage' to keep the weight down on my carbon cx bike, but in the end, having liquid in a bottle attached to your bike won't matter about weight. I even have two 800ml SIS bottles!!!!!

Cage I use

Believe me you won't tell the difference about the weight!

Top Bottom