Bike storage for wooden deck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DDE

I've moved into a new place and only outside space I have access to is a smallish wooden deck to the rear of the property.

I'm looking to get a suitable bike that could be fitted to the deck. I realise it won't be as secure as a concrete foundation so trying to think of alternative options.

Needs to fit 2 bikes. Whilst security is obviously key, as I live in a secure gated development, I'm a little less conscious of it than some others may be.

I'm maybe missing something but "secure gated development" would suggest you don't need anything. Unless it's not "secure"...

Or have you got gangs of bees flying about nicking bikes? <flippant comment, I just couldn't help myself...>

Are the deck planks removable?

In our shed we took up a few floor planks then installed a paving slab under the floor. A Ground Anchor (Similar to above) was then installed with the bolts through the floor into the concrete slab

The other option is a plant pot!

At the front of our house we use one of these as a temporary fixing point, but it could solve your issue. You can lock bikes to each side or two to one side

It is called a "PlantLock", and the weight of the soil makes it secure

cyclelockwithwildflowers.jpg

... and with bike attached:

P1020564.jpg

OP
OP
DDE

DDE

The other option is a plant pot!

At the front of our house we use one of these as a temporary fixing point, but it could solve your issue. You can lock bikes to each side or two to one side

It is called a "PlantLock", and the weight of the soil makes it secure

View attachment 365100

... and with bike attached:

View attachment 365101

This is a great idea.

As are the ground anchors.

Trouble is my deck isn't covered so my bikes will get soaked.

I could get a tarpaulin to cover and uncover but feels like that could be a lot of hassle, and would also affect any plants I'd want to grow.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Is this bike locker the sort of thing you were considering?
http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/twin-bike-locker

You could also consider attaching a shed shackle to the decking inside

Top Bottom