Bike storage puzzle, what to do................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My brain is hurting on this one!

I came home on Thursday with my shiny new n+1 :smile: But, there lies a problem, I don`t know where the hell to keep it:banghead:

My garage is out of the question as I have 7 bikes in there already and it all fits together like a game of tetris, this leaves only 2 options, first is have it inside the front door which isn`t ideal and as it`s a commuting bike I`m not happy about bringing it in from the pouring rain onto the carpet, second option is to use the "porch" on the back of the house (it`s built like a conservatory but is too small to be called a conservatory, more a brick/glass porch). Only problem there is it`s really on show. Ok, nobody ever goes around the back of my house but I can`t help thinking that it`s an open invite to any passing house burglar.

I bought a bike cover this morning which is going straight back to the shop - it`s too much of a faf, and is a bloody eyesore. Anybody think I`m being to paranoid by trying to hide it?

I don`t know what to do. Anybody been in a similar situation got any bright ideas? As a very last resort I may have to shoehorn it into the garage (god knows how), but that will be a nightmare.................

Tin Pot

Guru
Get a tent.

Sell bed.

House bike in old bedroom.

burntoutbanger

Veteran
If you had it in the back porch could you get some blinds/curtains so it's less seen? How realistic is it that some passing burglar would see it at the back anyway?

OP
OP
I
Tidy the garage, clear out all non bike related s**t, Problem sorted.:okay:
Not a bad idea, but there`s no crap to get rid of and it is tidy - that makes it harder! This is my garage as it stands at the moment, nicely organised but room is non-existant

Attachments

• DSCN0349.JPG
    DSCN0349.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
I
If you had it in the back porch could you get some blinds/curtains so it's less seen? How realistic is it that some passing burglar would see it at the back anyway?
That did actually cross my mind, I was thinking along the lines of net curtains, but didn`t they go out of fashion years ago? I wouldn`t know where to buy them. Roller blinds could be an option maybe

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
This is easy, get rid of the car, you'll have loads of room for even more bikes

Does the game of Tetris in the garage include the 3rd dimension, or are all the bikes currently on the floor?
I freed up some space for N+several with some plastic-coated hooks from the local ironmonger's, and use them to hang some bikes at the back of the garage.
Just a thought, and would prevent N-1! :smile:
What the photo doesn't show, is there are 3 more bikes on the floor under these 4.

Edit: yes, just seen the cause of the problem while cross-posting... park the car outside! :smile:

IMG_4180_zpsonkj0c9f.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
I
Does the game of Tetris in the garage include the 3rd dimension, or are all the bikes currently on the floor?
I freed up some space for N+several with some plastic-coated hooks from the local ironmonger's, and use them to hang some bikes at the back of the garage.
Just a thought, and would prevent N-1! :smile:

View attachment 347560
Got 5 hanging up, 2 go underneath beside the car - they aren`t in the photo, and I need to keep the right side clear to get to the back of the garage

Top Bottom