Bike storage puzzle, what to do................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Does the game of Tetris in the garage include the 3rd dimension, or are all the bikes currently on the floor?
I freed up some space for N+several with some plastic-coated hooks from the local ironmonger's, and use them to hang some bikes at the back of the garage.
Just a thought, and would prevent N-1! :smile:
What the photo doesn't show, is there are 3 more bikes on the floor under these 4.

Edit: yes, just seen the cause of the problem while cross-posting... park the car outside! :smile:

View attachment 347560

Cream and chrome are such a classy combo, just out of curiosity what is it?

Shaun

Cream and chrome are such a classy combo, just out of curiosity what is it?

Shaun
Thanks!

That's a Pinarello Veneto - the 2013 version, which my daughter sometimes lets me use these days.

midlife

Guru
Just had to have a google .....

pinarello-veneto-vintage-2013-beige.jpg

Nice :biggrin:

Shaun

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
My brain is hurting on this one!

I came home on Thursday with my shiny new n+1 :smile: But, there lies a problem, I don`t know where the hell to keep it:banghead:

My garage is out of the question as I have 7 bikes in there already and it all fits together like a game of tetris, this leaves only 2 options, first is have it inside the front door which isn`t ideal and as it`s a commuting bike I`m not happy about bringing it in from the pouring rain onto the carpet, second option is to use the "porch" on the back of the house (it`s built like a conservatory but is too small to be called a conservatory, more a brick/glass porch). Only problem there is it`s really on show. Ok, nobody ever goes around the back of my house but I can`t help thinking that it`s an open invite to any passing house burglar.

I bought a bike cover this morning which is going straight back to the shop - it`s too much of a faf, and is a bloody eyesore. Anybody think I`m being to paranoid by trying to hide it?

I don`t know what to do. Anybody been in a similar situation got any bright ideas? As a very last resort I may have to shoehorn it into the garage (god knows how), but that will be a nightmare.................
Pick the least valuable and least liked out of the 7 bikes in the garage and put that one in the porch, and then the new bike can go in the garage.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Car on the drive!

OP
OP
I
Get a bigger house.
Ha, that`s on the cards but am tied to my mortgage for the next 4 years. Am fancying a nice bungalow with a bloody great loft space, and the room to have a double garage. Right now neither is possible, and my current house is a dormer house so the loft space is the size of a matchbox, and I can`t extend my garage as the ground slopes away quite steeply from it, so that`s not an option either...

A basement/cellar too would really be magic!!

400bhp

Guru
Move least used bike from garage into the house and hang it in the wall. Put commuter in the garage.

Top Bottom