Bike storage solutions.... hanging a bike on garage wall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RegG

Über Member
I'm looking to hang my carbon bike on the garage wall now that I have cleared space.....! I have seen the Hangman bike storage hanger https://www.hangmancycling.com and was just wondering if anyone on here has experience of this particular hanger. Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
A couple of cheap hooks from your local DiY shed will do the job at a fraction of the price.

Sharky

Guru
Don't understand its purpose? Is it for security or for storage? The picture shows a bike hanging, only a few inches above the floor, so you are not gaining floor space. If you position it close to the ceiling, you won't be able to reach the locking mechanism very easily.

And it looks like it will only take one bike. No room for the n+1.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
You could also use a pair of pressed steel shelf brackets and screw them directly to the wall. An offcut of old carpet or foam duct taped around the bracket will protect the frame paint.
These things look primarily aimed at the rather strange breed of cyclist who hangs their bike up on their living room wall and wants a cosmetically acceptable fixing. An expensive way to keep your tyres clear of the carpet. Doesn't save space or confer any other advantage that I can see.

Gunk

Guru
I used a kit off eBay, two cups for the wheels and a hanger for the pedal, works a treat.

Gunk

Guru
I’ve got another sat in a trough off a cheap roof rack, sits on top of some shelves

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have a mix of two arm holders, and also front wheel hooks (Planet X and ebat have them for less than £4 each). If you've just one bike, use the arm holders. If needing maximum bikes in a space, hang vertically. I also have an Aldi free standing holder that is mounted in front of a roof box and bike carrier (floor to roof rafter pole) - MrsF's XC MTB goes up there out of the way.

Gunk

Guru
I have the same kit as @Gunk.
Can’t praise it enough.
The disadvantage with cheap hooks or the rack in the OP is that the wheels are left to dangle pertruding into the room.

The biggest advantage is that none of the bikes paintwork or wheel rims are touching any brackets or hangers.

Top Bottom