Bike thief targets moving car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
We used to get told off in the police for calling them scrotes, a term that Joseph Wambaugh created in his fantastic black comedy novel, The Choirboys.

So we called them sheets instead.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Is it only me that noticed the other scroat pacing him on the pavement? At one point main scroat turns and check him out, I assume to confirm he was still with him.

Good spot - I hadn't noticed him, but I think you could be right.

The thief gets very close to getting that bike off the rack doesn't he? Another few seconds and it would have been gone.
Hopefully with such clear footage it's just a matter of time before he has his collar felt.

Archeress

Veteran
Travelling to center parcs soon, will have the car full of luggage as on top of cycling we like to participate in various other sports and often have a ukulele for some evening entertainment so the bikes have to go on the back of the car. I do have a good quality Thule rack which is almost impossible to remove without opening the tailgate and the tailgate is impossible to open with the weight of the bikes on the rack. The frames are secured to the rack using an OnGuard d lock and the wheels protected using a cable lock. If we stop we try to find a space the has a hedgerow at the back of the space and gently reverse the car so that the hedgerow would have to be chopped down before the bikes can even be thought about being nicked. Otherwise the car is left where we can see it at all times or one of us stays with the car.

Hugs
Archeress x

Then she should have said that. A pretty poor choice of words for a trainee solicitor. Perhaps she should reconsider her chosen profession.
Which "she" are we talking about. "Deliberate" is not in quotes in the article, which says it was the writer's word, not the driver's.

So unless the writer is coincidentally a trainee solicitor, your comment is misplaced. The writer might consider a different profession than journalism, but it's the DM, so I guess she already has.

Sorry, I don't understand your meaning. Were you replying to me? :smile:
" A pretty poor choice of words for a trainee solicitor"

There is no indication that she chose those words. The word deliberate can from the "reporter" or a sub-editor.

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nothing will happen. The bloke will lie low for a few days, grow a beard or whatever and will be out stealing bikes in a few days. To me he looks east-European and I do know that organised gangs are shipping hundreds of stolen bikes out to eastern Europe in containers. A Serb once boasted to me about his pal in Novi Sad who does the distribution.

Drago

Legendary Member
Shame the police will do sod all because he didn't actually take it.

You may wish to read up on the Criminal Attempts Act.

That's attempt TFMV, a category of crime which is used by the government to measure a forces performance. If the driver of the car should reported the matter, there is little doubt they will take it seriously, and considering the superb quality of the footage even less doubt that Johnny Lightfingers will be quickly identified.

Top Bottom