Bike Touring Meet Up in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Sadly a work crisis cropped up and I was home too late to go. I hope it went well.

Tony

The upstairs of the bar was packed with a wide variety of folk. I was there with a cycle instructor friend, and spent the evening answering questions about LEJOG, the Danube, NSCR, and so on, and listening to others' stories of their own trips, and comparing plans and dreams for the future. Loadsa Kiwis....

OP
OP
F

friedel

Great to meet you all last night! And sorry to the folks who couldn't make it. I guess we just have to do it again? I'm willing to buy pints at a bar in Holland :biggrin:

Unfortunately, as was already mentioned, the conditions weren't right for a video. The upstairs of the bar was packed and very noisy. At the fullest points of the evening, I had to stand next to people just to hear them, so a video wouldn't have worked out.

HelenD123

Guru
friedel said:
Great to meet you all last night! And sorry to the folks who couldn't make it. I guess we just have to do it again? I'm willing to buy pints at a bar in Holland :biggrin:

Unfortunately, as was already mentioned, the conditions weren't right for a video. The upstairs of the bar was packed and very noisy. At the fullest points of the evening, I had to stand next to people just to hear them, so a video wouldn't have worked out.

I'm on the next ferry!:biggrin:

OP
OP
F

friedel

ComedyPilot said:
I'm on a ferry in May, and riding round the Netherlands for 10 days. ;)

No problem. Seriously. Just get in touch through our site. We are in Den Haag. I'm always happy to meet for a beer or a slice of apple cake (hey, why not both?) and when we get our own place then 'hotel bike tourist' (WarmShowers) will be open for business.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
friedel said:
No problem. Seriously. Just get in touch through our site. We are in Den Haag. I'm always happy to meet for a beer or a slice of apple cake (hey, why not both?) and when we get our own place then 'hotel bike tourist' (WarmShowers) will be open for business.

I'll hold you to the beer and cake meet up. :sad:

It might be day one or day ten depending on the wind (weather not flatulence ;)).

I'm doing the Ronde van Nederlands riding the long distance routes, and riding it clock-wise or anti-clockwise will depend on where the wind blows.

Tony

Thinking of taking a few days to ride up to Lauwersoog from Hoek when it gets warmer. Will wave at you all ....

Top Bottom