Bike Touring Meet Up in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Jakes Dad said:
Rich ... have you read "Why dont you fly" by Christopher J A Smith its a UK to Beijing trip ?

he's a bit of a moaner but its quite a good read

Simon

No, not yet!
I have read a few which turn out to be whingers. I wonder if it's just their way of trying to make the story interesting and they think it'll be less so if everything goes to plan.

OP
OP
F

friedel

Jakes Dad said:
I would love to attend this .. i've just read Alastair Humphreys books (moods of future joy & thunder & sunshine) and spookily i downloaded the first 5 of Friedels podcast's last night and have been listening to them today (without knowledge of this thread)

Simon

Oh dear, the first podcasts! I fear they weren't very good :tongue: I should re-listen to them sometime....

Sounds like there are going to be a lot of people there. Should be a great night! Look forward to meeting everyone.

friedel said:
Oh dear, the first podcasts! I fear they weren't very good :biggrin: I should re-listen to them sometime....

I'm enjoying them so far :tongue: i think im about 9 podcast's in at the moment (you are in Slovenia) and im looking forward to catching up to present day

I listened to the Resonance FM Bike Show podcast today and sadly it was the last one before spring so maybe my E-Mail to Jack about your night out was a little to late :angry:

Simon

jay clock

Massive member
OK, so from what I can see we currently have

Can I suggest that anyone else who wants to come cuts and pastes the list above and adds in their journal (if any!) so we can get a serious inferiority complex over the pathetic nature of our own touring palmarès?

jags

Guru
friedel said:
For the person who wanted the video, I bought a video camera today. What a bad influence you are! I'm going to try it out this weekend.

that's me friedel good stuff ,so we can expect to see what you guy's get up to in london.:biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Gutted I can't come...Friedel and Al Humphries are heroes of mine, and I want to meet the rest of you too.

I need to think about this, I'll be down south that week but am not sure I can get myself there, for various reasons.

jay clock

Massive member
Come on Cathryn, we would love to meet you. You are MY hero!!

There is a possibility I may not be able to come now due to work but I will do what I can to wangle it!

Julian

OP
OP
F

friedel

jay clock said:
and I am just looking at the quote on my signature and feeling like I am a bit of a fraud in the company of giants!

Come on now... yes, some of us have done a few miles but that doesn't make us 'great'. We are all just ordinary people who like to ride our bikes. Nothing more, nothing less.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Top Bottom