Bike was remove after i locked it to tree on my apartment site..advise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
It goes against the grain to say it, but i expect the guy that ordered the bike removed is a right sap. A real knotty problem.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zj25ODlz-g

Not the most secure of street furniture.

I don't like seeing bikes locked to trees: can damage the bark on younger trees, leading to potential disease / death of tree, or at least poor form as it grows. There should be a place dedicated to securing your bike, but local authority planning rules vary. You may now have a useful bargaining tool - your broken lock - with which to convince the managing agent to install safe, secure bike parking.

Someone probably wanted to park their car against the tree.

Where my mum lives there's a woman who claims all the communal areas as hers.
She lords over everyone, tells them what to do, and hires people to tend borders up to other people's bungalows.

Perhaps someone claims ownership of the tree.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If it is not in your tenancy agreement, they cannot damage your property unless it is obstructing access, without first giving you a chance to move it.

You now have to make a choice.

Put it behind you and forget about it.

Call the police and report criminal damage.

Consult a solicitor.

I think you were a bit annoyed at the time of posting. Personally, I would leave it as it not worth the stress.

But in the end there is no point in posting questions if you don't return to read the answers.

mustang1

Guru
I wonder if there should be a note on the managers backside saying "no kicking my butt is permitted, private property" to show that cannot kick the guys butt.

I am going absolutely no where with this but it might spark someone into gear with a witty comment.

On a more serious note, I agree with some of the others and expected to see a note before the bike is removed. On the few occasions that I've parked my bike, I received a note to ask me to remove it and I did so. Everything was ok.

Top Bottom