Bike you didn't get on with ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ever brought a bike and quickly thought nah this isn't for me ?

We hear so much as sportive bikes , race geometry, aggressive position ? - some of it marketing hype.

So I wonder if anyone has ever swapped bike purely due to frame geometry

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Ever brought a bike and quickly thought nah this isn't for me ?

We hear so much as sportive bikes , race geometry, aggressive position ? - some of it marketing hype.

So I wonder if anyone has ever swapped bike purely due to frame geometry

Had a few over the years but the worse was a Planet x carbon (cant remember the model) it just didn't do anything for me , so it made a quick exit

This is going to be heresy to some but...

Strictly I didn't actually buy it, but I test rode a Genesis Croix-de-Fer and hated it; I was looking for a commuting machine that would double up as something enjoyable to ride at weekends, I probably did about a mile on it and although it was comfortable I just found it totally uninspiring to ride - it really didn't make me think I wish I could spend longer riding this.

I test rode a number of other bikes around the same time and there were a few that I thought were OK (Specialized Tricross, Cannondale CAAD, Specialized Allez and a Cube) and a couple that I just loved instantly - the Whyte Suffolk (which I ended up buying albeit in the spec down, the Dorset) and the Focus Mares AX

vickster

Legendary Member
Specialized Sirrus x 2 (stupidly bought another after the first was stolen). Not really down to geometry, everything about it was dull

Venod

Eh up
Planet x carbon pro, I built up a large frame, I just couldn't come to terms with the compact geometry, it was ok to ride though but the large headtube also put me off, a medium frame would have been too small, so it had to go, I haven't had anything carbon since.

I dread the thought of looking for a new road bike, but want to do more road. I'm on a seldom used Carlton with 2x6 and downtube shifters - I don't even know how to change gears on modern one, and probably couldn't tell inspiring from transpiring.

Mike!

Guru
I currently have one just like it! Giant Propel, too aggressive and stiff for my use / liking and it's for sale!

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I currently have one just like it! Giant Propel, too aggressive and stiff for my use / liking and it's for sale!

Thats what I fear. I really like the look of the sensa giulia magic - but fear I will find the geometry to severe

https://www.merlincycles.com/sensa-giulia-evo-magic-red-custom-carbon-road-bike-2018-106349.html

I currently have kuota kharma - which is great because it looks like a racer - but the geometry isn't so its dead comfy.

crazyjoe101

Not so much didn't get on with, I bought my first bike (Trek 1500 SLR from 2005) used from a relative of a CC user and got an awful lot of fun use out of it, but as time went by and I upgraded it and spent more and more time tweaking it I just couldn't get my position right, turned out I needed a size up from what someone my height would normally ride and I'm now comfy on my new bike. I still think of my first roadie fondly though as I had 1,000s of mostly happy miles on it, I just grew out of it in the end, almost literally.

Top Bottom