Bike you didn't get on with ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow, that is one fugly bike.

Now I think about it. Reminds me a bit of this;

8b612008169a3fdd111eaf0a91481aea.gif

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Bought a Giant Revive many years ago because of its futuristic looks. A ebay auction win. On the first ride realised I truly hated it. Not only did you look like a complete idiot on it but it was heavy and very slow so people had time to see you as an idiot. The ride quality was terrible in that it was more spongy than a cheap dual suspension bike and going up steep hills felt like the front wheel had lost all traction a bit like the old Chopper except without the bonus that you could do easy wheelies. Still absolutely adore the look of them though. Sold on for what I paid for it I think give or take and it was an experience I don't regret but not a keeper for me.

View attachment 384594
Now that with an electric motor on it would be cool.

davidphilips

Veteran
There are lots of bikes over the years i just could not gel with, the 2 worst offenders where a recumbent that was a really good bike but i just could not feel safe on wile using near traffic as it was very low to the ground.
Second was a unicycle, that i really could not get on with, ever watch the stunts on utube etc they look great fun and so easy but for me it was nothing but pain and shame, must say that it was great to let some friends have a go at there own risk just a pity i had not recorded them i could have sent them in to a tv show for £250 a clip.

Bought a Giant Revive many years ago because of its futuristic looks. A ebay auction win. On the first ride realised I truly hated it. Not only did you look like a complete idiot on it but it was heavy and very slow so people had time to see you as an idiot. The ride quality was terrible in that it was more spongy than a cheap dual suspension bike and going up steep hills felt like the front wheel had lost all traction a bit like the old Chopper except without the bonus that you could do easy wheelies. Still absolutely adore the look of them though. Sold on for what I paid for it I think give or take and it was an experience I don't regret but not a keeper for me.

View attachment 384594

II saw a review of one of these that said “Often seen in Florida retirement communities”. If I retire to Florida I may be tempted, but until then....

Levo-Lon

Guru

View attachment 384594

Gota love that air horn tho:laugh:. That is a concept bike if ever there was one.

Lonestar

Veteran
Probably my Brompton but as people say it's only for short trips.Think the gearing may be wrong but more tempted to use it in the snow.Or at least try.

Top Bottom