Bikes, Clothing etc etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Why is it that if you buy an expensive bike or clothing your accused of being a millionaire playboy or team sky rider.

i have a mortgage and bills to pay just like everybody else, but just because i decide to spend my surplus cash on bikes and clothing, instead of on alcohol and clubbing, it doesn't make me some kind of rich playboy.

If someone ask's for an opinion on what type of bike, winter clothing, jersey, gloves etc etc i have as much right as anyone else on this forum to give my opinion based on what i have worn and am wearing, it doesn't make me any different from anyone else that rides a bike, whether it be for pleasure, recreation, fitness or competition

Rant Over

If anybody is saying that its because they are jealous; I certainly am; Enjoy and ignore :thumbsup:

vickster

Legendary Member
I think you may find this is being said in jest

Mine was and I apologise for that if misconstrued! :blush:

We all have the right to ride and wear what we want. I will defend these rights to the last drop of my blood.

Of course, with rights come responsibilities. Foremost among these is the responsibility not to ride around on a carbon missile, wearing matching team kit.

It is a known fact that anyone doing so is delusional and probably certifiable. And slow. And smelly. And their opinion on cycling matters is worthless.

But we all have the right to ride what we want and wear what we want. I will defend that right.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

We all have the right to ride and wear what we want. I will defend these rights to the last drop of my blood.

Of course, with rights come responsibilities. Foremost among these is the responsibility not to ride around on a carbon missile, wearing matching team kit.

It is a known fact that anyone doing so is delusional and probably certifiable. And slow. And smelly. And their opinion on cycling matters is worthless.

But we all have the right to ride what we want and wear what we want. I will defend that right.
then i'm glad i don't own a carbon missile

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Inverse snobbery also known as paupers pride!

I have nice bikes, but a lot of money is something that I do not have! I just have priorities, those priorities do not feature the same things as others priorities!

Steve Malkin

Veteran
You absolutely have the right to spend your hard earned cash on whatever you want, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a knobber.

Equally, advising someone who has asked where they can get cheap clothing and who complains that they have seen jackets for sale which cost more than their bike that they should buy a Rapha jacket might be a bit knobberish as well...:whistle:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

You absolutely have the right to spend your hard earned cash on whatever you want, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a knobber.

Equally, advising someone who has asked where they can get cheap clothing and who complains that they have seen jackets for sale which cost more than their bike that they should buy a Rapha jacket might be a bit knobberish as well...:whistle:
i didn't advise the OP to purchase a rapha jacket - its what i informed vickster i wear when its cold

Steve Malkin

Veteran
i didn't advise the OP to purchase a rapha jacket - its what i informed vickster i wear when its cold

My apologies then, but maybe others read it the way I did and that was the trigger for the comments?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

My apologies then, but maybe others read it the way I did and that was the trigger for the comments?
the comments have been coming thick and fast over the past few months to various members of this forum, not just to me.

As you can see by my post in winter gear it was in response to vicksters post, that's why its quoted within my post

jayonabike