Bikes, Clothing etc etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Jowwy

It was me that called you a millionaire playboy. It was typed tongue in cheek. No offence was intended.

But come on.... A Rapha softshell.........? seriously?

You'll have diamond studded cleats next!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Jowwy

It was me that called you a millionaire playboy. It was typed tongue in cheek. No offence was intended.

But come on.... A Rapha softshell.........? seriously?

You'll have diamond studded cleats next!
whats wrong with owning a rapha softshell??

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Too many financial advisors not enough cyclists on here at times :laugh:

As I mentioned before, my total expenditure in the past few months has now exceeded £2500 of sport stuff. Might seem like a lot, but for someone like myself with disposable income (I own my house outright) who doesn't drink/smoke/do drugs/car used for daily commute and transport to races

The financial advisors on here would no doubt be in the "OMG too expensive" camp - so to hell with you. The value I place in my purchases far exceeds the physical cost. Don't tell me how to spend my money, ironically - if I required a financial advisor I'd have to pay you :whistle:

ps: I've just booked a weeks club training camp in Majorca onboard a Cannondale Supersix Evo

I'm going to enjoy my money whilst I can.
you need to spend some more money

Hip Priest

Veteran
If you can afford high-end gear then go for it, I say.

Which reminds me, does anyone know where I can get pro team jerseys on the cheap? Doesn't have to be this year's kit.

Most people are envious because people spending a lot of cash on a hobby and perhaps their financial situation doesnt allow them to.

This month I have spent a lot on my biking hobby but I know that I will gradually get my equipment up and running over a period of months. Mortgage, daughter, holidays all come first. I need to buy tools, clothing, spare tyres, a gps computer etc but im not fortunate enough to be able to afford it all in one go.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
@jowwy Enjoy it while you can. I left work early due to stress and lost out on a large part of my work pension so have extremely limited finances to buy anything for the bikes these days but I enjoy reading about what others are doing. Life starts passing at some rate once you get older so you are quite right treating yourself and your bike to whatever you want to. :thumbsup:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Most people are envious because people spending a lot of cash on a hobby and perhaps their financial situation doesnt allow them to.

This month I have spent a lot on my biking hobby but I know that I will gradually get my equipment up and running over a period of months. Mortgage, daughter, holidays all come first. I need to buy tools, clothing, spare tyres, computer etc but im not fortunate enough to be able to afford it all in one go.
a gps computer is not a necessity. I have an app on my android phone and it tells me all I want to know. It will run for about 4.5 hours before the battery runs out so plenty of time for me.

a gps computer is not a necessity. I have an app on my android phone and it tells me all I want to know. It will run for about 4.5 hours before the battery runs out so plenty of time for me.

Yeah this would be a luxury gift to myself in the future, certainly not at the moment. My iphone does the business for me just now but im thinking of more of a future treat when im doing long distances.

Top Bottom