Bikes, Clothing etc etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Absolutely nothing. I wore my Rapha Pro Team soft shell jacket for the first time yesterday. Extremely comfy & warm. I was glad of the change in the weather so I could wear it.
i wore mine too - was as snug as a bug in a rug

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
i didn't advise the OP to purchase a rapha jacket - its what i informed vickster i wear when its cold

I know you didn't advise the OP to buy rapha jacket but I think your mistake was to say what you did in a thread that clearly stated cheap clothing. I don't wear rapha but I have a few Assos bits and pieces so when I saw the "please guide me where can I buy cheap cycling cloths" I knew I didn't have anything to add to what had already been said so I didn't post.

On another thread you replied to my comment about a set of wheels of less than 1500g for a man of 230 lbs would be a waste of money, with a comment like it's my money and I do what I like with it. I got your point but the feeling that you have money to waste still remains. So don't be surprised if some people do get that impression of you.

If I said to you "don't ride up that road cause it's dangerous" I hope you wouldn't say "it's my life and I do what I like with it"

In my view everybody is entitle to wear and buy what they like. People do have different priorities on how to spend their money and that is great to see, freedom of expression if you like. My next door neighbour's house is probably worth over a million and yet his car is probably worth £500 :laugh: but that is how he likes it. 400 yards down the road there is one of the new houses recently built...... a pretty small place and yet the guy has on his drive an £80000+ Range Rover.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I like the irony of it amongst non-cycling buddies and work colleagues sometimes.

If they know what I have spent on something Im accused of wasting my money. I say they should get their bikes out of the shed and come for a ride.

"Cant do that mate, Im off to the pub for a swift few, and theres no chance I could do a ride now Im on 20 cigs a day... Wheres the nearest bookies - Im feeling lucky!" - Whilst rolling up a powder covers £20 note

Yup...and I waste money!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I know you didn't advise the OP to buy rapha jacket but I think your mistake was to say what you did in a thread that clearly stated cheap clothing. I don't wear rapha but I have a few Assos bits and pieces so when I saw the "please guide me where can I buy cheap cycling cloths" I knew I didn't have anything to add to what had already been said so I didn't post.

On another thread you replied to my comment about a set of wheels of less than 1500g for a man of 230 lbs would be a waste of money, with a comment like it's my money and I do what I like with it. I got your point but the feeling that you have money to waste still remains. So don't be surprised if some people do get that impression of you.

If I said to you "don't ride up that road cause it's dangerous" I hope you wouldn't say "it's my life and I do what I like with it"

In my view everybody is entitle to wear and buy what they like. People do have different priorities on how to spend their money and that is great to see, freedom of expression if you like. My next door neighbour's house is probably worth over a million and yet his car is probably worth £500 :laugh: but that is how he likes it. 400 yards down the road there is one of the new houses recently built...... a pretty small place and yet the guy has on his drive an £80000+ Range Rover.
personally i dont beleive spending money on something i want and within the stated weight limit of the wheels is a waste of money. but if i was to spend the money on the wheels and i was above the stated weight allowance, then i would class it as a waste and believe you me, i'm certainly not the type to go wasting money.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Where do I start....?
from the beginning

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Rapha kit is from what I can ascertain pretty well made and high quality but the technology is lacking. For the high tech garments, such as the Team Sky skinsuits they outsource to Bioracer and for other kit they probably outsource to other brands. Brands like Castelli don't have the same style factor (although they do look good) but they are usually packed with technology and forward thinking. The Gabba is brilliant, I don't have one, but I wish I did!

But if you like Rapha, wear Rapha, if you like Aldi, wear Aldi! Who gives a toss!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

yeh i like the look of the gabba - its on my list of purchases, but havent pressed the buy button just as yet. want to get a bit more weight off first

Moda

Who gives a toss!
Judging by the length of this thread quite a few people! ;)

Have seen these sorts of threads on a number of forums and it might be interesting to note that 99.99999% involve people who buy at the cheaper end calling higher end buyers millionaires rather than higher end buyers calling cheaper buyers paupers hmmmmmm

Last edited:
Top Bottom