Bin Men - stupid? or following process?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Arrived home today in the wifes car and we held up all the traffic so I could dive out of the car and move the bin (that I'd remembered to put out last night) that the bin man had left on the pavement right in the middle of the drive so we couldn't drive in.

Are bin men thick, bloody-minded or is this policy?

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Dunno...havent seen them round here for 3 weeks!!

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
It matters to me and the 50 cars filing up behind me just because of a bloke who can't think. If a cyclist had come down he might have gone over my bonnet too.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
They're pretty good around here. It's not a job I'd fancy doing. We don't have wheelie bins here so the cats and foxes rip open the bags left overnight. The bin men were picking up soiled nappies that had dropped out of one bin bag the other week -uuuurgh!
My only gripe isn't with the bin men, but the local authority who seem keen to make recyling as complicated and awkward as possible.

screenman

Legendary Member
Maybe just maybe the binmen were in a rush, you held up 50 cars just think how many they would have held up, close enough is good enough when you are in a rush like they are.

TVC

It's like deja vu all over again.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
So, for the few seconds it took for you to dive out of the car and move the bin it has driven you to distraction. I feel you need to seek avertion therapy, or such like for your feelings against your bin men. They are not all stupid, some maybe, but as stated by marinyork it is not not a tidy bin competition. As for cyclists going over your bonnet, would he as stated be cycling on the pavement? Sorry for rising to the bait.:banghead:

Top Bottom