Bin Men - stupid? or following process?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
50 cars, eh?

Let's assume you live in a 20mph zone. A stream of 50 cars literally bumper-to-bumper (each touching the one in front) would take about 17 seconds to pass by if the stream were moving at the full 20 mph. Leaving just a half-car-length between each would increase that to 25 seconds*. A full car-length takes us over 30 seconds.

And of course that's assuming the traffic was a continuous flow immediately following you down your street.

Now, how long do you reckon it took you to exit the vehicle and move the bin?

My advice to you would be to sell the Audi and use the profits to finance a move to a street that isn't the biggest rat-run in the UK.

*But back to about 17 seconds if you live in a 30mph zone.
I don't quite understand your interest in my road and vehicle and speed limit when the issue is a bin man causing an obstruction not just to my drive - which could quite easily have caused an accident, and also to pedestrians who might be coming by. As it's been left there from 7am until 6pm, it's been an obstruction for 11 hours. Imagine if I lived in London....people are not so patient there and there could have been a bad accident or perhaps an altercation because people were held up by my car. I am in the process of composing a letter of complaint to the local authority....I'm only sending it in English though !

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
so the man that puts the bin in the wrong place is a muppet - says the man who can't be bothered to park properly while he sorts out his bins. Has BFF ever thought of running for CTC Council?

Noodley

I reckon you need to get the binmen on your side, perhaps dress up as Shaggy (the singer not the cartoon character who is friends with scooby-doo) and grind out a wee dance down the driveway singing "I'm Mr Binbastic" ...

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
so the man that puts the bin in the wrong place is a muppet - says the man who can't be bothered to park properly while he sorts out his bins. Has BFF ever thought of running for CTC Council?
You are very clever so I'll explain exactly what happened. My wife is driving me down our very busy main road at about 30 MPH with cars up our backside. We have to turn right angle left over approx 6 feet of pavement into our drive. It's dark and our bin is dark grey. The bin is in the middle of the pavement approx 3 feet from the edge of the pavement/road. We nearly hit the bin but stopped just short with the back end of the car blocking our side of the road. I have to get out and move the bin but before I do I need to quickly chuck all the stuff which was on my knees in the back, take my seatbelt off and clamber out to move the bin. I tried my best Dell, I really did.

Canrider

Guru
I don't quite understand your interest in my road and vehicle and speed limit when the issue is a bin man causing an obstruction not just to my drive - which could quite easily have caused an accident, and also to pedestrians who might be coming by. As it's been left there from 7am until 6pm, it's been an obstruction for 11 hours. Imagine if I lived in London....people are not so patient there and there could have been a bad accident or perhaps an altercation because people were held up by my car. I am in the process of composing a letter of complaint to the local authority....I'm only sending it in English though !

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
They do wear cor blimey trousers and I'm certain they live in a council flat. It doesn't mention it in the song but I bet their laminate flooring is 3 inches shy of the skirting board and they have a parrot and a 78 inch plasma.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Gosh, your bill for KY must be huge.
snigger

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
You are very clever so I'll explain exactly what happened. My wife is driving me down our very busy main road at about 30 MPH with cars up our backside. We have to turn right angle left over approx 6 feet of pavement into our drive. It's dark and our bin is dark grey. The bin is in the middle of the pavement approx 3 feet from the edge of the pavement/road. We nearly hit the bin but stopped just short with the back end of the car blocking our side of the road. I have to get out and move the bin but before I do I need to quickly chuck all the stuff which was on my knees in the back, take my seatbelt off and clamber out to move the bin. I tried my best Dell, I really did.
So it was a SBINSY? There are people on this very forum who would witter on at great length about not driving where you can't see. Oh, my golly gosh they can witter on and on and on about this very subject, sometimes for pages, getting ever more certain in their view that if you point your car in a direction you should see what's in that direction.

Happily I'm not one of those people

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I think you mean SBIDSY and I wasn't driving the wife was. If I'd have been driving I would have driven past the bin and swung in just past next doors drive so the vehicles behind wouldn't have been inconvenienced. I then would have moved the bin and then reversed back into my drive. My wife is a women so I know her attention to obstacles she's not expecting is poor, her reactions are poor, her evasive action non existent and I was surprised she didn't just plough into the bin so I'm thankful for that. I love her though but women never expect the unexpected when driving it seems to me. Next.

I think you mean SBIDSY and I wasn't driving the wife was. If I'd have been driving I would have driven past the bin and swung in just past next doors drive so the vehicles behind wouldn't have been inconvenienced. I then would have moved the bin and then reversed back into my drive. My wife is a women so I know her attention to obstacles she's not expecting is poor, her reactions are poor, her evasive action non existent and I was surprised she didn't just plough into the bin so I'm thankful for that. I love her though but women never expect the unexpected when driving it seems to me. Next.

I wish sometimes I could be more like you, I bet you have to fight women off.

Top Bottom