Bin Men - stupid? or following process?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
[QUOTE 1695829, member: 45"]You're the one who caused an obstruction if you were to blame for a 50-car-long jam while they waited for you to move one bin only 6 feet.[/quote]
You're wrong again, partly due ignorance and partly lack of attention to detail. I'll explain why because you're clearly not very bright....I didn't cause an obstruction because I was a passenger in the car - my wife was driving and she obstructed the traffic. The reason my wife obstructed the traffic was because our bin was obstructing entry to our drive which had been left there by the bin man. It's debatable as to why my wife slammed the anchors on in front of the bin instead of pulling up further on so as not to block the road, but I wanted my tea and I wasn't about to risk getting it by suggesting she did the wrong thing. Also if the bin man had put the bin back where he found it, none of this would have happened. Please pay attention.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
lslowryrubbishcollection.png
That's very good. You almost had it all....LS Lowry/Salford, blue bin for paper, grey bin for general waste BUT the green bin - should be pink and the yellow bin should be brown. It's a quality come back though:laugh:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Arrived home today in the wifes car and we held up all the traffic so I could dive out of the car and move the bin (that I'd remembered to put out last night) that the bin man had left on the pavement right in the middle of the drive so we couldn't drive in.

Are bin men thick, bloody-minded or is this policy?

Maybe they knew it was your bin and just wanted to wind you up.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
[QUOTE 1695870, member: 45"]I am paying attention. It took you so long to move the bin 6 feet that you caused a traffic jam of 50 cars.

You need more exercise.[/quote]
I'm just checking our whiteboard in my kitchen:

washing/meals/cleaning/hoovering/recycling/Bins/ironing: Rachel

MOT's/Tax/car Insurance/house insurance/odd jobs/cutting grass/cleaning windows/finances: BFF

Technically, even though the bins aren't my responsibility, a point discussed in the car at the time, I was persuaded that I should move the bin, even though neither myself or my wife left it there.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Maybe they knew it was your bin and just wanted to wind you up.
Well, yes, you've hit on an interesting point there and one that I've considered. But the bible says vengeance is God's alone and there can be no ifs or buts about that so I've put that out of my mind.

In the words of that great philosopher Will Smith: "Let God deal with the things they do cos hate in your heart will consume you too"

It is a bit annoying though :smile:

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
[QUOTE 1695901, member: 45"]Ahem. Your last thread centred on you leaving your bin 3 inches from the pavement and forgetting to move your bin onto the pavement and then blaming the binmen.

[/quote]
No, it resides 3 inches from the pavement. It's my wife who puts it out. When discussing the rights and wrongs of council binmen I use me as the family flip flop because the bin man was selfish and it affected all of us and we took it as a collective problem.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Are you like one of those referees who lose their premier league status after a few bad games (or posts)

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Regardless of the minor detail, is it expecting an awful lot for a bin man to take a bin and empty it if it is 3 inches away from it's correct position and is it expecting an awful lot to return the bin anywhere other than slap bang in the middle of the entrance to the drive ?

Top Bottom