Binachi Frame Size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G_MAN

I've not long took delivery of a Bianchi 1885 B4P Veloce (55) and, having never owned a road bike before, i'ts taking me some time getting used to the riding position. Can anyone let me know whether or not a 55cm frame is about right for someone who is 5ft 11ins?

Sounds smallish to me, but then I'm a bit of a newbie to road bike sizing and it would depend on your overall proportions as well....

Albert

Über Member
Sizing is a very personal thing and different makes have some variation in sizing. I have found that www.wrenchscience.com have a fitting sytem that is pretty good for me. Their recommended frame size, reach, saddle height for me was pretty much spot on with what I find most comfy and efficient.

For what it's worth, I am 5' 8.5" and I have a 55cm centre to centre Pinarello, which fits me better (because it is larger) than my previous 56cm Trek.:becool:

Nick1979

Sounds good, Bianchi seems to be 'bigger' than others for some reason, I'm 5'10" and was fitted to a 55cm 1885 and a 53cm 928 (the 55cm was too big for me!). But as Albert said, it's personal and depends on proportions. If you are confident the shop has done a good job fitting you on the bike you'll be fine.

Top Bottom