Binning the beer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

After deciding at Christmas that I wasn`t enjoying alcoholic refreshments any more I decided to knock it on the head, I feel brighter, sleep better, and feel generally healthier, but............I`ve been really sluggish on the bike ever since, any ideas? I don`t understand it, this life isn`t fair!!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
It's the coldest time of the year and the weather has been cr*p... maybe a coincidence though?

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

It's the coldest time of the year and the weather has been cr*p... maybe a coincidence though?
I`m hoping so, I`ve forgotten what it`s like to go out in civilized weather, I don`t have a car any more and commute 160 miles each week so the weather plays a big part

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

It's only sluggish cyclists that are out and about at this time of year, those who like to dash about on bikes will be under their duvets for a couple of months yet.;)
Perhaps I should hibernate for a couple of months then, sounds a good idea, I like it:laugh:

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I knocked 'frothy bevvies' on the head around 18 months ago, mainly due to getting fed up with wasting my Sundays due to the raging hell of hangovers. Now, I wake up feeling fresh and looking forward to some miles on the bike out on the road where I like to be, not having cold sweats on the sofa thinking my time is up. I've not missed it one bit ! !

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Packed it in 1989 don't miss it now :smile: I use to dream about drinking and would wake up in a panic convinced I had fallen off the wagon.

subaqua

What’s the point
I looked at the calories and what they are mnade up from in beer- its nearly all carbs so that could explain sluggishness what do i know tho I am not a dietician . Not a big fan of doing the I can give it up for a month , that screams borderline jakey . alcohol is a
good servant and a bad master. I don't drink on a Sun-Thurs night . a couple of pints on a friday and saturday and some wine with sunday lunch/dinner depending what time we eat the main meal. I used to drink buckets of the stuff every night but its not good for my weight at all.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I love a good beer, enjoy the process of making it, but I like to have a couple of weeks per month off it.
Its full of carbs and when I started to stop drinking as much my pot belly disappeared very quickly.

dimples

Über Member
Lately I've not really been enjoying beer so I've contemplated not drinking it for a while. It is however being replaced with whiskey which I am enjoying much more neat! :whistle:

Coatesy1985

out of interest, how many calories in a can of normal strength lager? i have1-2 cans most nights but never go to the pub. should i be knocking it on the head?

Top Bottom