Bird of Prey 4ft WIngspan

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 5405364, member: 9609"]the hooty hoots will be a pair of tawny owls and the screeching will be a Barn Owl

other owls make similar noises but if you are rural UK then the above s quite likely[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearup :okay:

Very rural, even seen an owl fly across in front of me in the night. A wonderful sight.
Seen a hare too. It looked bigger than a flippin labrador!
Gonna miss all this when we move closer to town.

Drago

Legendary Member
fzQKq.png

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
[QUOTE 5405383, member: 9609"]it's always surprising that the most beautiful of birds, the Barn Owl, can make such a horrific noise.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. For a long time I thought they made that delightfull toowit towoo noise they do on movies :laugh:

Cavalol

Guru
Beautiful bird is the buzzard, there's about five around work . It seems crazy given their size, but they tend to get bullied/harassed something terrible by crows.
Luckily we get all kinds from sparrow hawks, linnets, lapwings, oyster catchers (who are my favourite birds) to shelduck, mute swans, bullfinches and ringed plovers, plus loads more.

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 5405364, member: 9609"]the hooty hoots will be a pair of tawny owls and the screeching will be a Barn Owl

other owls make similar noises but if you are rural UK then the above s quite likely[/QUOTE]

We have a pair of Tawny Owls near by , great to hear them

Zimbob

Über Member
Not long in from an apres-work ride, saw 3 Buzzards and 4 Red Kites , all in only 26K :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
When I used to cycle home on a late shift there would often be a dirty great owl sat waiting for me on a fence post near Quinton as I trumdled by at zero zero thirty. It always used to give me a disdainful look, as if making the point that it was rather higher up the food chain than I was.

Julia9054

Guru
When I used to cycle home on a late shift there would often be a dirty great owl sat waiting for me on a fence post near Quinton as I trumdled by at zero zero thirty. It always used to give me a disdainful look, as if making the point that it was rather higher up the food chain than I was.
We used to have one who's nightly perch was the roof of our extension. They turn quite quickly from a majestic example of nature to bloody annoying when they are 5 metres from your head and you are trying to sleep.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
When I used to cycle home on a late shift there would often be a dirty great owl sat waiting for me on a fence post near Quinton as I trumdled by at zero zero thirty. It always used to give me a disdainful look, as if making the point that if it had been just a smidgen bigger I'd have been its lunch.
EFA

Top Bottom