Bird of Prey 4ft WIngspan

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We saw a falconry display a while back. The narrator asked people with dogs to keep them on leads (there were quite a few there), and joked that if any dogs were let loose at the birds they would bring out their Golden Eagle, who would deal with them.
The sudden silence and change of mood was amazing.
In the background tumbleweed rustled past, folorn and hopeless, like a a passing spirit ever in search of a place of rest...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
On the way back today in a tree in front of me was a bird of prey, each time I got close it would swoop down onto the track a few feet off the ground then go back up into another tree, this happened 4 or 5 times, before flying off over the trees. As I was behind it I never got a really good look at it, but the wingspan must have been at least 4 feet. This is on the North Notts/South Yorks border what's it likely to be?

Happened to me once on a winter walk... each time it went up in to the trees it pretty much disappeared due to its speckled brown plumage. Only saw it from behind in flight but once I'd got my 'eye in' and spotted it in the trees, it was an owl, a ruddy big one too.

Drago

Legendary Member
291143.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Nah, that's just my lunchtime pub outfit.

fatjel

Veteran
If it were here I’d say most likely a buzzard.
Red kites are noticeable by their forked tail

The local crows round here bully the buzzards something rotten
The kites they steer well clear of

Top Bottom