Birthday present advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My daughter suggested to me in a similar situation 'try to think of something she has and preferably likes but is worn out or is not a good one, and get her a new one/good one of the same thing.' Don't know if that's any help. Another thing to maybe consider is does she have any characteristics that might suggest something> Like, does she feel the cold? A nice scarf, or good pair of gloves. Or maybe she's a foodie - some top quality balsamic vinegar, or if she doesn't have one, a good cook's knife. Something that shows you know her, and have put some thought into it.

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm actually thinking about something like this as her house is full of such slogans and she seems to love quotations. I can combine it with a box of nice chocolates.

f8a9e3b26e1375505b5c17bfc7c9252c.jpg

She's a strange girl in some ways, very passionate about her interests but not very varied in her interests and rarely willing to try anything new.

Wine is out as her mother died from alcohol related health problems and she is totally ant-drinking.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi @tyred, I'm a mad cat lady too, love getting wee bits with cats on them, they don't have to be expensive either.
Google a bit, or try ebay, for cat purses, scarfs, mugs, key rings, socks, gloves (yes I got gifted a pair of cat themed gloves once) and similar.
According to your budget, maybe you can get her two or three wee things, put them in a nice gift box, it will be appreciated and it's not romantic at all as you wish it not to be.

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
Yes, scented candles are a good idea. Girls seem to love them though they seem to cause me sinus problems.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yes, scented candles are a good idea. Girls seem to love them though they seem to cause me sinus problems.
Dunno, I wouldn't have candles about with the cat jumping allover the place, but maybe it's just me.
Some candles I have gifted were so beautiful that the recipient used them as ornaments, so it is a possibility she would like one.

Julia9054

Guru
If i was a nurse on my feet all day, I'd love a pedicure. Something i would probably think was too much of an expensive indulgence to buy for myself.

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
Dunno, I wouldn't have candles about with the cat jumping allover the place, but maybe it's just me.
Some candles I have gifted were so beautiful that the recipient used them as ornaments, so it is a possibility she would like one.

There are a lot of candles in the house but none of them ever seem to have been lit. I think her cat is so fat and lazy it's unlikely he'd jump over anything!

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
If i was a nurse on my feet all day, I'd love a pedicure. Something i would probably think was too much of an expensive indulgence to buy for myself.

I'll be honest and admit that I don't even know what a pedicure is.

Is it an Italian scooter, or is that a Piaggio?

Tim Hall

Can you cook? Even if you can't, make her a cake, they're not tricky. A nice chocolate one. Fulfills your budgetary requirements and is a bit more original than a box of chocolates.

Top Bottom