Bit close for my liking...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Definitely intimidatory/bullying - absolutely no other possible explanation, given the open road. He was pissed off because you weren't riding in the gutter, and thought it would be a good idea to teach you a lesson. Scum. Report.

OP
OP
A

alvintc

Veteran
I'm fine with silly, after all... we're on these things for fun!

Other interesting point is my camera is mounted on the centre of the bars, so he was actually 6" closer than it looks!

OP
OP
A

alvintc

Veteran
Operation Crackdown said:
Thank you for your report to Operation Crackdown regarding the index [partial reg I could make out from the video].
Your report has been reviewed by a member of the Operation Crackdown team and the vehicle details have been checked against a number of our systems.
The registration number on this report shows as no trace on the Police National Computer. I have also viewed the CCTV footage that you have sent in and it is too blurry to make out the registration number out. I am unable to progress the report which will be closed

So basically end of the line

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Operation pantsdown more like. Bah.

vickster

Legendary Member
That's a shame, but I guess if they can't see the whole reg (the OP couldn't either), there's not much to be done

OP
OP
A

alvintc

Veteran
I can't see the whole reg, but can make out the 1st 4 characters. I would've thought that given that & the vehicle description it could be located but maybe I'm overly hopeful on that!

Drago

Legendary Member
They could VODS it with a partial reg, but there's likely to be more than 1 in the area of the same model and colour, and same partial reg. Even on fairly unpopular vehicles there are liable to be dozens in the county, and that's assuming the vehicle is registered in the county anyway.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Main dealer garages used to get/be issued with 'blocks' of registration No's. so it is easily possible that there are several cars of that model/colour that are of a similar No. plate. Bit of a barsteward though, :cursing:

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
OK guys, I'm not normally a complainer but wondered if anyone thought reporting this is worthwhile? Scared the crap out of me in all honesty!

If a pass scares me I always report it. It feels better to talk to someone about what you were put through, it makes the driver a teeny bit bigger on the police's radar and it gives you time to calm down. All very important when your life has just been endangered.

Top Bottom