Bizarrest anti cycling rant yet - where is my rear view mirror?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I don't know who the guy in the pic is?? :wacko::smile:

Ah, that sort of knackers my already poor joke.

It's Si King, one half of the Hairy Bikers. From this neck of the woods.

IGMC.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Just make sure you put her straight on the 'road tax' thing; it doesn't exist. The roads are funded from council tax. Motor vehicles pay 'vehicle excise duty', which doesn't pay for, or entitle the user, to use the public highway any more than pedestrians, cyclists, horse riders, skateboarders etc. etc.

Also point out that on a day to day basis, when motoring, we're more likely to be inconvenienced by other motorists than by cyclists.

This link explains why cyclists should pay road tax.

GC

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I had a weird 'middle of nowhere' anti-cyclist altercation a couple of weeks ago. Along a B road in Northumberland, one I cycle regularly, and know well.
I hadn't seen a vehicle or cycle for 10 minutes or so, at this point, and the nearest inhabited house is 5 miles away.
I was cycling just left of the centre of the road, as the left-hand side of the road at that point is badly rutted, bumpy and potholed.
I heard a motorbike behind me, some way away (it took 20 seconds or so for him to reach me) and as I heard it, I moved left, into the bumpy bits. So, when he reached me, rather than simply go past, he slowed right down, pulled his visor up, and ranted "How much of the bl00dy road do you want?". I was about to explain about the uneven road, and lack of traffic, when he simply said "F**king cyclists", flipped his visor down, and rode off.
Strange man. I flicked him a v-sign, and went back to enjoying my ride. :smile:
Sadly, I'm not allowed to flick my colleagues v-signs.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Looking forward to my £200 per bike refund on council tax. Let's see now, there's my 4 bikes, £800, then 'er indoors 4 bikes, total £1600. Result! That means I pay about £30 a year council tax.
Or maybe a refund on our VED? 2 cars, total £200 a year.........they owe me £1400. Yeeharrr!
Show me where to vote.

Sounds like you're going to be able to buy that new bike.

Top Bottom