Bkool Classic or Tacx Vortex Smart?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

g00se

Veteran
Hi,

About to pull the trigger on one of the two above - but not sure which to go for.

At the moment, I'm planning on using it for Trainerroad or Zwift - and not really considering the softare that comes with the kit. I believe - if I'm quick enough - I can get the Bkool discounted with a year's subs for the simulator for about £210. I can get the Tacx (in the TdF colours) for £220 - so it's much of a muchness.

Both have opened up the communication protocols so software can control the resistance - but how do they compare with stability, power accuracy etc? Is their proprietary software any good - or will Zwift/TR suffice?

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers,
Steve

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have the Vortex Smart, generally it is fine and I was very happy they opened up communications. However, I have a big problem with the unit under-reading the watts by about 25-30%. This is based on 'perceived levels' comparing a WattBike and my Vortex not on a power meter. This means that I get killed on any multiplayer setup and also suffer a lot more when following a real life video.

Be aware that if you are purchasing right now that IOS 9 does not work with with the Tacx and Tacx are being very slow about fixing it.

If I were buying again I would go with the Bkool, even though I have never used one.

Top Bottom