Bkool issue......going too fast/too many watts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aguppy

Hi,
Since the last update my Bkool simulator is indicating far to high a wattage/speed.........approximately 3 times what it should be.....did Col de Vars in 17 minutes!!!! have re installed the simulator and e mailed Bkool.....any other ideas??
PS.....have an elite direct drive turbo....no issues till the last updatCheers
Andrew

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Hi,
Since the last update my Bkool simulator is indicating far to high a wattage/speed.........approximately 3 times what it should be.....did Col de Vars in 17 minutes!!!! have re installed the simulator and e mailed Bkool.....any other ideas??
Andrew
What make of trainer are you using? We have seen some makes have a slight over read, particularly Elite (turbo assist :whistle:) trainers. Bkool classic and pro both over read anything from 10 -30w dependant on the session chosen.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hi,
Andrew
It appears there is a problem since the last update with some Elite trainers and it's obviously affecting yours. Bkool are aware and claim to be looking into it so hopefully they will fix the problem soon. Good idea to email them anyway though

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hi,
Andrew
As the others say, it's an issue only impacting Elite trainers. Hope they fix it for you soon.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
As the others say, it's an issue only impacting Elite trainers. Hope they fix it for you soon.
Hi Folks,

Been lurking on here since BKOOL updated their simulator to version 3.40. I have an Elite Real Turbo Muin and emailed BKOOL shortly after the update. I sent in reports but was unable to use the simulator because otherwise I may have had an unfair advantage. Well BKOOL emailed a new version (3.41) and having just tried it, it looks like it's fixed the power issue. Just thought I'd mention it, although I've no idea if the new version 3.41 is ready for general release.
Now all I have to do is to work on my fitness level and try to get it back up to Active 7 from Elite 10!

Regards

Dave

Whorty

Hi Folks,

Been lurking on here since BKOOL updated their simulator to version 3.40. I have an Elite Real Turbo Muin and emailed BKOOL shortly after the update. I sent in reports but was unable to use the simulator because otherwise I may have had an unfair advantage. Well BKOOL emailed a new version (3.41) and having just tried it, it looks like it's fixed the power issue. Just thought I'd mention it, although I've no idea if the new version 3.41 is ready for general release.
Now all I have to do is to work on my fitness level and try to get it back up to Active 7 from Elite 10!

Regards

Dave
That's good to know Dave, just a shame it took them so long to fix and you couldn't join in with the Summer Cup. You know what it's like now to be an Elite 10 rider so that should inspire you to get back up there again :okay::heat:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
That's good to know Dave, just a shame it took them so long to fix and you couldn't join in with the Summer Cup. You know what it's like now to be an Elite 10 rider so that should inspire you to get back up there again :okay::heat:
Thankyou @Whorty I'll give it a try. When I receive a reply from BKOOL re version 3.41 going live I'll post here again. In the meantime I've been using BigRingVR in an attempt to keep fit, there's some decent rides on there, it has some good features as does BKOOL. I think I'll be splitting my training between the two. As I'm only trying to keep fit and lose a bit of weight I doubt I'll be using the more "competitive" aspects of BKOOL but you never know.

Regards

Dave

theboxers

As a
Thankyou @Whorty I'll give it a try. When I receive a reply from BKOOL re version 3.41 going live I'll post here again. In the meantime I've been using BigRingVR in an attempt to keep fit, there's some decent rides on there, it has some good features as does BKOOL. I think I'll be splitting my training between the two. As I'm only trying to keep fit and lose a bit of weight I doubt I'll be using the more "competitive" aspects of BKOOL but you never know.

Regards

Dave
As a fully paid up member of the mammoth club (way north of the mooses @100kg) I will say this. I am, like you, doing this insanity to get fitter and hopefully lose a lot of weight, slowly. The leagues are a bit of fun, with an oportunity every once in a while of scaring the living daylights out of the quicker members. You need to gauge yourself against someone else to see where you are.

Plus the banter around here can be very amusing :thumbsup: :laugh:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
As a

As a fully paid up member of the mammoth club (way north of the mooses @100kg) I will say this. I am, like you, doing this insanity to get fitter and hopefully lose a lot of weight, slowly. The leagues are a bit of fun, with an oportunity every once in a while of scaring the living daylights out of the quicker members. You need to gauge yourself against someone else to see where you are.

Plus the banter around here can be very amusing :thumbsup: :laugh:
Yes, I've noticed some of the banter on the big thread. I might have a go at joining a league at some point, I'll have to read up on the BKOOL website to see how you go about it.

@aguppy you may be pleased to know that I had an email off BKOOL this afternoon and they say that version 3.41 will be released soon. I've had a try of it and sent some feedback. It does "feel" the same as pre version 3.40 so we'll soon be able to crack on up the Ventoux with out putting the likes of Froome and Bardet to shame.

theboxers

Yes, I've noticed some of the banter on the big thread. I might have a go at joining a league at some point, I'll have to read up on the BKOOL website to see how you go about it.

@aguppy you may be pleased to know that I had an email off BKOOL this afternoon and they say that version 3.41 will be released soon. I've had a try of it and sent some feedback. It does "feel" the same as pre version 3.40 so we'll soon be able to crack on up the Ventoux with out putting the likes of Froome and Bardet to shame.
Most things bkool are covered in the FAQ here
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/bkool-faq.191965/
including joining leagues. The one you want is the chaingang one, the others are currently not running.

Whorty

Most things bkool are covered in the FAQ here
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/bkool-faq.191965/
including joining leagues. The one you want is the chaingang one, the others are currently not running.
@Crook Town AFC - if you join the CycleChat Chain Gang league for October you should have some fun. We are choosing all downhill races. This could make it very interesting as the usually slower larger guys will be leaving the featherweights in their wake!

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
As pointed out by @theboxers a new Bsim 3.50 is available for download. I've just done a short ride using the latest Bsim with my Elite Real Turbo Muin and can confirm that the power issue has been fixed, well for the Turbo Muin at least. Hopefully for other Elite Real trainers as well. OP, @aguppy does it work for your trainer? (if different to mine)

Regards

Dave

Top Bottom