Bkool issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Granthar

How can I test that the resistance on my Bkool Smart Pro is working properly? I have just done a rode of 13 miles (20Km) and it seemed very easy and I had knocked 5 minutes of my previous best time whereas previously I was struggling to knock off seconds.
Everything else seems to be working ok, it is registering all inputs on the app.

Any suggestions?

si_c

Guru
Very difficult without a separate power meter.

bridgy

Legendary Member
How can I test that the resistance on my Bkool Smart Pro is working properly? I have just done a rode of 13 miles (20Km) and it seemed very easy and I had knocked 5 minutes of my previous best time whereas previously I was struggling to knock off seconds.
Everything else seems to be working ok, it is registering all inputs on the app.

Any suggestions?
When I had a bkool pro, every now and then it would not apply enough resistance and would therefore be much easier - and my watts show much higher - than it should have. I knew what I was usually capableof so it was quite obvious to me when it was happening. I found turning it off an on again at the plug usually resolved it.

It's not a particularly accurate trainer full stop to be honest (generally over-reads watts) but you do need it to at least be consistent for you

Tomculb

Regular
I'm having a similar problem that first popped up maybe two weeks ago. Intermittently, my Smart Go trainer stops being smart, sometimes at the beginning of a ride, sometimes part way through. I end up being stuck with an unchanging resistance for the (rest of) ride, sometimes easy, sometimes hard. I unplug my trainer after every ride, and now I restart my tablet before each ride, and sometimes the ride goes as expected (day before yesterday) and sometimes it doesn't go well at all (this morning). I emailed BKool support but got no response. Any ideas?

ic3d

I have the opposite with the Bkool Go and haven't solved it. I thought it was my gastank because i was training less the last couple of months. I eventually compared the watts from a borrowed powermeter to my Go. The powermeter shows 282 watts average on a 20K +/- flat ride. The Go shows 184 watts. I tried Zwift and Rouvy without any difference. I also lowered my weight in Bkool with 30KG, makes no difference either.

Top Bottom